cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

Seanjr01
Level 7
After upgrading my computer (Asus G75vw), my WIFI no longer works properly. I'll be connected to the WiFi and after 5min or so it would disconnects. Not only would it disconnects, it would knock everything else off the WiFi.

Now I tested this to make sure it wasn't some other problem. I downgrade back to Windows 8 and it worked fine. Is there something that's not compatible with my router or something is wrong with the driver?
The router I'm using is a LinkSys Cisco (E1000 I think) with DD-WRT installed. Based on my info, what could be the problem?

Thanks for the help everyone.
4 REPLIES 4

cpanel10x
Level 7
I got same problem, and my way is Restore to 8.0 by recovery 😞
G750JX
G750JX
Madtcatz R.A.T 9 Mouse
Madcatz F.R.E.Q Headset
MSI Dragon Mouse Pad

jay66044
Level 7
I restored 8.0 by recovery and my wi-fi no longer worked there. Augh!

andypewpew
Level 7
Not sure if this helps, but on my windows 8.1 my mobile internet WIFI (yes I use mobile) conflicts with Kaspersky pure. Sometimes Kaspersky does not start up and the network mucks around.

This is fixed by leaving the WIFI device disconnected (as it is connected via USB) until after everything is running in windows 8.1, including Kaspersky pure. Then switch on WIFI device.

Strange, but it works.

Tokens210
Level 10
After upgrading from 8 to 8.1 I'd search the wireless manufacturers site to see if they have an issue with 8.1 or if there's an update or compatibility patch for the WiFi under 8.1 or even just totally uninstall and reinstall the drivers anyway besides that sounds to me like old crappy vista issues lol
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo