cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targus XL + G74Sx + SF-19: Making a Video review.. :)

Br4nd3n
Level 9
I just bought the Targus XL hoping that it will comfortably fit my Cooler Master SF-19 Strike Force cooling pad and my Asus G74SX-A1.

Seeing as there isn't ANY video reviews online concerning a carrying case/bag and the G74Sx I am deciding to make one once the backpack arrives, so the community here can see how good the bag actually is without having to rely on silly written reviews.

The bag should be here within the next 2-3 days, so expect one then or shortly after. :cool:
| Asus G74Sx-A1 | GeForce GTX 560m 3gb GDDR5 |
| 16Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 Ram | 2630QM I7-Quad Core |
| BluRay + Bluetooth | 2x 750gb Sata HDD Drives |
14 REPLIES 14

grungeboy2
Level 10
are you stacking one on the other?

Br4nd3n
Level 9
I just got everything today, and it all fits amazingly! I'll hopefully have a video review tonight (if I get out of college on time).

@Grungeboy - I don't quite understand the question?

Chastity
Level 10
btw, you do realize a lap cooler for the G74SX is pointless since it has no underside vents? 🙂 Well, unless you remove the underside panel. But it runs at about 65C under load... so again I ask 🙂
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Chastity@ASUS wrote:
btw, you do realize a lap cooler for the G74SX is pointless since it has no underside vents? 🙂 Well, unless you remove the underside panel. But it runs at about 65C under load... so again I ask 🙂

Actually it does make somewhat of a difference I've noticed. My GPU idles at 31c with little to no load, and with the fans on the SF-19 turned up all the way it idles at around 28c. Just a little change, but it's still something. The main reason I got the SF-19 is because of it's 3.0 USB Hubs, and it fits the laptop perfectly in terms of aesthetics. Not to mention the SF-19's LED lights look sick.

I tried to make a review tonight but my hand held camera sucks without sufficient lighting, I'll try again tomorrow when the suns up and I'm home from work.

grungeboy2
Level 10
i didn't realize the targus xl was a backpack. was thinking of a targus chillmat xl.

does it all fit in the bag? also wouldn't the cooler better serve you by leaving it at home with the hub hooked up to stuff? that way when you got home you could set it up, plug in one USB and your power (if you ask you might be able to get a extra power adapter out of the warranty) and be good to go?

grungeboy wrote:
i didn't realize the targus xl was a backpack. was thinking of a targus chillmat xl.

does it all fit in the bag? also wouldn't the cooler better serve you by leaving it at home with the hub hooked up to stuff? that way when you got home you could set it up, plug in one USB and your power (if you ask you might be able to get a extra power adapter out of the warranty) and be good to go?

also http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=3016

Kipper
Level 10
Hey, good call on the SF19. I reviewed this cooler for CM and had the chance to play with it for a few weeks before it was launched.

If you care to look over my review you will find it here;

SF-19 Review

Chastity
Level 10
If they made the holes larger on the grill, it would truly pwn. 🙂
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Wrstlr316
Level 7
OK so I have to ask are you talking about the Backpack or the XL City Messenger Bag ? It seems I need to get a new carrying case as the Swiss Army bag I used with my G72 wont work with this one as this one is thicker. LOL
Current Laptop: ASUS G74SX-BBK7 😄

Previous Laptop: ASUS G72GX-RBBX05 :mad:
(Still own it, but it has the annoying whitescreen flicker due to poor LCD cable placement problem)