cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought the G750JX has no Intel card

The_Jackal
Level 7
I thought Optimus was disabled but in the factory image that I restored today, I saw this:

what gives?
7 REPLIES 7

hmscott
Level 12
The Jackal wrote:
I thought Optimus was disabled but in the factory image that I restored today, I saw this:

what gives?

You might have installed the Intel Graphics driver, that would show such things, even though there is no underlying hardware to support it.

Look at your Device Manager, and see what Display Adapters show up:

You can uninstall the Intel Graphics driver and those references will go away, as they are unconnected to any installed hardware.

The_Jackal
Level 7
I didn't install anything! I said that was the factory image!

the moment I updated the video driver the Intel listing went away but I was just wondering how it was there.

When trying to install the Intel Graphics Driver it says there is no hardware supporting it thus, makes me wonder, how on earth did the ASUS people even have the driver installed in the factory image!

Back on my clean install of 8.1, way better

The Jackal wrote:
I didn't install anything! I said that was the factory image!

the moment I updated the video driver the Intel listing went away but I was just wondering how it was there.

When trying to install the Intel Graphics Driver it says there is no hardware supporting it thus, makes me wonder, how on earth did the ASUS people even have the driver installed in the factory image!

Back on my clean install of 8.1, way better

I did catch that you were on the factory image, and it looks like Asus / Microsoft had a vestige of the Intel graphics support driver in there - perhaps it is part of the Intel CPU Chipset install? Perhaps without an alternative the Microsoft OS CPU code expects the onboard CPU Intel Graphics to be available?

Your Windows 8.1 clean install is way better at what?

The_Jackal
Level 7
benchmarks and OS snapiness + no bloatware like McAfee which leaves a lot of registry traces after its uninstalled

The Jackal wrote:
benchmarks and OS snapiness + no bloatware like McAfee which leaves a lot of registry traces after its uninstalled

OS Snapiness? - I think that is a perception based on the satisfaction one gets by doing something from scratch 🙂

I agree with the no bloatware, Asus should have an option to recover everything except selected add-ons, so we can have a build without McAfee, Splendid, Power4Gear.

I do use a couple of registry cleaners to remove the remnants, and there is a single person that says he can tell a difference between a clean install without Splendid and one after Splendid is removed - it is leaving things behind that affect the screen image.

No one has duplicated that effort to see if it is true... have you done that? Install Splendid on a clean Windows install, and then uninstall it to see if there is a negative screen image compared to the clean install without ever having Splendid installed?

Of course I uninstall McAfee, Power4Gear, Splendid, Gaming Mouse, Cyberlink Power2Go, AsusVibe, and install NIS 2014 along with dozens of applications that all work great.

My benchmarks come out at the top of the range, #1 or close there to, so I can't see a performance advantage for doing a clean windows install, the Asus Recovery Image does a great job for me.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
hmscott wrote:
OS Snapiness? - I think that is a perception based on the satisfaction one gets by doing something from scratch 🙂

I agree with the no bloatware, Asus should have an option to recover everything except selected add-ons, so we can have a build without McAfee, Splendid, Power4Gear.

I do use a couple of registry cleaners to remove the remnants, and there is a single person that says he can tell a difference between a clean install without Splendid and one after Splendid is removed - it is leaving things behind that affect the screen image.

No one has duplicated that effort to see if it is true... have you done that? Install Splendid on a clean Windows install, and then uninstall it to see if there is a negative screen image compared to the clean install without ever having Splendid installed?

Of course I uninstall McAfee, Power4Gear, Splendid, Gaming Mouse, Cyberlink Power2Go, AsusVibe, and install NIS 2014 along with dozens of applications that all work great.

My benchmarks come out at the top of the range, #1 or close there to, so I can't see a performance advantage for doing a clean windows install, the Asus Recovery Image does a great job for me.

One day I will beat you. :c My Benchmark will be #1!

Intel Graphics is dislodged, laying dormant on the motherboard. It plays no role in the computer's performance.

Darnassus wrote:
One day I will beat you. :c My Benchmark will be #1!

Intel Graphics is dislodged, laying dormant on the motherboard. It plays no role in the computer's performance.

It's possible to beat my JW/JX 3dmark product scores, I can't do any more runs using the new Nvidia drivers 🙂