cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P8Z68 Deluxe Driver install checklist...still missing Video Controller in Device Mgr

Retired
Not applicable
Ok,

Just installed Win7 home prem 64bit on P8Z68 Deluxe mobo (bios 0603) w/2600k cpu, M4 128GB SSD, & Radeon 6950.

Installed (in the following order):
1. Latest Intel INF chipset drive 9.2.1.1030
2. JMicron JMB36X Controller Driver V1.17.62.0
3. Intel Gigabit Ethernet Driver V16.1.0.0
4. Renesas USB3.0 Controller Driver V2.0.32.0
5. Atheros Bluetooth Driver V7.2.0.65
6. Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software V10.6.0.1002
7. ATI Catalyst 11.8 driver
9. DirectX June 2010 Redist

I disabled Marvel SATA 6.0 ports as well as Realtek GigE Lan port in the bios, so did not install those drivers (if anyone believes these should still be installed for some reason, let me know)

However, I still have an unknown "Video Controller" listed w/an Exclamation point in the Other Devices section. I am guessing that that is the built-in video for the Z68 chipset, however this motherboard does not appear to have any built-in video outputs--unlike the P8Z68-M PRO--for example.

Should I install the Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver V8.15.10.2405 update to resolve this, or is it ok to not install the driver since it seems I can't use the built-in video from the chipset on this motherboard?

P.S. For those of you w/this mobo and 0603 bios, do you have the X.M.P profile option to chose from on the A.I Tweaker tab? I do not see that option currently, just Auto & Manual for the Ai Overclock Tuner.
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
*bump*

anyone else determined the best method for handling the "video controller" issue in device manager? Is there a way that the on-board video of the P8Z68 Deluxe can be disabled? (Still trying to figure this out before giving in and installing the intel video driver on a board that has NO video outs... 😞 )

Also, has anyone else had the problem where the X.M.P profile for A.I Tweaker is missing on this mobo?
***From what I have researched so far, it appears that the XMP profile for AI Tuner will not be displayed when running DDR3 1333 memory that doesn't have a setting for ddr 1600 speeds--my current memory is Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR1333 2x4gb, upgrading to GSkill Sniper low voltage 1.25v 4x4gb later this week. (hope it fits under the Themalright Silver Arrow currently on order!)

Kipper
Level 10
Hang in here hrbngr

I just received this board today and will not be mounting it up for a few days due to preparation for the review I will be doing on it. So, I will know more once I get to play with it some.

One of the ASUS support folks will see your thread and chime in. They are all at work and jump on the forum when they can.

Retired
Not applicable
Kipper,
thanks for the reply. I am learning new things about this mobo every day it seems. There is a ton of info on Sandybridge mobos, but not as much on the Z68 deluxe vs the Z68 Pro, for example. I still have yet to find a definitive overclocking guide that explains all the bios options and the recommended settings. From what I have seen, the Asus thread on overclock.net is probably the most informative, but at about 250 pages long, it's almost like homework to read it.

I chose the Deluxe to get the Realtec 889 audio chipset as well as the Intel GigE Lan port, how about you? I see the maximus iv w/the gtx 580 in your sig already, looks like a sweet setup!

Retired
Not applicable
Raja,
from the Maximus Gene-Z guide,
You can lower the voltage for the iGPU in BIOS by setting a negative voltage offset and lowering it to the minimum value when the iGPU is not used. The iGPU is on-die (Intel), Lucid provides the Virtu software which you can use with this board if you wish.

-Raja

Is this the recommended method to "disable" the iGPU somewhat?