cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G750JX sound weirdness

Nutte
Level 7
Hi, sometimes when I listen to spotify or playing games my sound volume is changing. I played CSGO and put my volume at 10, then after some while I wanted to hear music, so I log in to my spotify user and listen to some music. But then the volume kinda drops, so I have to change my volume to about 30 to get the same strength as 10 while i played CSGO.

Any other who have the similar problem? How do I fix this?
2 REPLIES 2

reka121402
Level 7
Right click on your taskbar volume symbol and open the Volume Mixer, check to make sure that when Spotify opens it doesn't drop the sound of CSGO and other programs, if it does just raise the volume of the game back up.

If I'm playing any game and I get a call on Skype, it overrides my game volume in the mixer and drops down to almost zero and I have to raise it back up, every single time. If i launch the call first, then the game I don't have any issues.

So this may just be one program overriding another. I wish I could tell you a way to stop it, because with Skype it is incredibly annoying, but it's a program problem and not an issue with your laptop.

pokerface
Level 9
Disable the Power Management feature of the Realtek sound, that does wonders for me

launch Reg Edit, then navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\RAVCpl64\PowerMgnt

Now Double click on Enabled and set the value to 0 then reboot
ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]