cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 53 Rampage IV Black edition - Please Help!

Incarael
Level 7
Hi guys,
So I've just upgraded my Motherboard to an Asus Rampage IV Black edition, but every time I attempt to boot, the Q code keeps throwing back error code 53, which according to the table, is a RAM issue. I have recently upgraded to an Intel core i7 4930k and 16 GB of Kingston HyperX Black RAM ( 2 x 8 GB)

Does anyone know how to fix?

Thanks

- Incarael
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi Incarael 🙂

Is your RAM on the correct slots for dual channel operation? and make sure it is seated well...it is easy enough not to have it down in the slots properly....make sure you hear a click in the end with no clip first and then the clip end click and close too...

Also make sure the GPU is correctly seated in it's slot and powered.

Are the 24pin ATX 8pin ATX and 4pin ATX power connections fully populated and seated properly?

Incarael
Level 7
Thanks, it turns out that I don't have an 8 pin ATX connection at the moment, I should be able to get one tomorrow, and I'll get back to you with results 🙂

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm yes, the 8pin ATX needs to be populated and the 4pin too really. You need a PSU that has these connections natively and really an 8 pin ATX connection should be the standard minimum on any PSU. You can't really use a step up from 4 to 8 either as the current draw might be too much for the cable and melt etc.

What PSU do you have out of interest?