cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 55 I have no idea why?

baconsticks
Level 7
So today my friend and I were to install the H105 liquid CPU cooler by transferring my components from a mid size case to a full size case (it wouldn't fit in my last case). All said and done, we had minor difficulties installing the cooler itself but everything is fine now (except this error 55). When we try to boot up the computer nothing displays on the screen, it doesn't POST. The error LED thing shows a bunch of different numbers ranging from 33-55 (it flashes through different ones for a bit but then eventually sits on 55) while the DRAM_LED light blinks yellow then red. I pressed the MEMOK button and it goes through the process a little bit but then it actually displays something on the screen; it brings me to a black screen with the ROG logo on it and says a bunch of stuff. Most notable is the line "CPU OVER TEMPERATURE". Uh, what? I somehow got my computer to load up windows (I took out couple sticks of RAM, don't know if that actually did anything) and I downloaded CPUID HWmonitor and I saw my CPU was at 100 celcius. What the hell is going on? This happened on a much lesser scale before a couple times when my parts were in my old case... very rarely would my computer stop everything it's doing and go on to the same black screen and have the same "CPU OVER TEMPERATURE" message. I checked the pins on the processor itself and everything looks fine, no bent pins. The cooler is mounted correctly and everything seems to be hanky-panky but apparently not... Any suggestions? My friend is going to come back over tomorrow and we're going to try to troubleshoot again and see if applying a bit more thermal paste will help. Please, any help at all?

Specs: i7-4770k
ASUS Maximus Vi Gene Micro ATX Mobo
EVGA GTX 780 Ti
2x HyperX XMP Blu Red 4GB RAM
2x Corsair Vengeance 4GB RAM
1 REPLY 1

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Well that really doesn't sound good so if I were you I would not try to boot until you are sure you have good contact between cooling and CPU. Or at least only boot for a very short time....

Can you feel the tubes of the cooler are they warm or one of them warm next to the pump block? If either tube is warm then the pump is not working.

I presume you have set the cooler up properly....power to pump fans to pump block and connection to CPU FAN header on Mobo?

Make sure you have the power connectors fully populated

lastly the RAM....I presume you list that RAM as kits you have tried? You can not of course run those kits together. Are they single dual channel kits?

You could also try updating your BIOS..