cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about my G75VW laptop... Not working right. New laptop maybe?

Mikey319
Level 7
A couple months ago, my mom spilled water in my keyboard and then another month later, it crashed on me. It has a new Hybrid SSHD 1TB with Windows 7. My keyboard is funky too... when I'm typing, it will just stop typing or place the cursor randomly and then I type in the wrong spot.

When I am playing LOL I only lag at my friend's house and no one else does. It doesn't make since to me that I lag but I have the better computer then they do (macbook pros late 2011 models) I think it might be time for a new laptop.I just don't know. This one is nearing two years old.

Another issue is the backlit keyboard. If my computer shuts down because the battery dies and I plug it in and turn it back on, the keyboard light doesn't go on and I have to restart my computer. It's been a pain in the butt lately and I am really getting annoyed.

I clean the clean and fan guard, but there is never any dust in them. I want to upgrade my laptop, but LOL is pretty much all I play and this one runs it fine at my house (my friend has the same Comcast gateway as I do with the 1,000mbps package but I still lag hard)

If I were to get a new one, how much do you think I would be able to sell mine for? It is a G75VW nVIDIA GTX660m 2GB graphics and 8gbs of ram and core i7. It is 2.40 gHz. What ROG would be best for me? I loved this one, but I don't know if it i possible to be fixed or to find out what's wrong. 😞
12 REPLIES 12

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well spilling water in a notebook is never a good thing!! and could very well be causing your problems!! it you have warranty I would RMA it and see how that goes. My Guess is that it will be pretty hard to sell at all if its not working well. Other than that a clean install and careful installation of updated drivers and software my solve your problems.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Well spilling water in a notebook is never a good thing!! and could very well be causing your problems!! it you have warranty I would RMA it and see how that goes. My Guess is that it will be pretty hard to sell at all if its not working well. Other than that a clean install and careful installation of updated drivers and software my solve your problems.
I know 😞 I'm thinking it may just need a new keyboard. No warranty.

It still works great... it's just annoying to type a lot of the time.

I did do a clean install. It's a brand new hard drive 😞

Mikey319 wrote:
I know 😞 I'm thinking it may just need a new keyboard. No warranty.

It still works great... it's just annoying to type a lot of the time.

I did do a clean install. It's a brand new hard drive 😞

The Asus estore has this Replacement Keyboard
There out of stock now, but you can check back later.
The "Touchpad" is really sensitive, many here have had the same issue.(palms will hit the touchpad and move it where ever the cursor is at the time)
FIX: Disable the Touchpad when typing via the fn-f9 key (Try this before buying a "new keyboard" first)

Did you install all the Asus approved drivers from the Asus support page for your G75VW?
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Maybe you could tell me if I am missing any drivers?

Well Asus sells a keyboard for $59 I think. How does it go using a external keyboard and Mouse if well the order the replacement keyboard.
Asus Support Downloads
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

It's been acting fine for now, but yesterday it wasn't. Could it be because my palm is sometimes on the trackpad? But why t with some dust cleaner?would that make the cursor stop. hmmm. Maybe I need to spray it with some dust cleaner stuff?

It just stopped typing, so about the 3rd time today which isn't bad I guess.

Mikey319
Level 7
I never thought of that! I will try that.

Mikey319
Level 7
Only a few times today did it mess with the keyboard. I may take it to get diagnosed for any issues soon. I still want the newer model (750 series) but I don't know which one. I want one that no matter what internet (no matter how crappy) it will not lag on League of Legends and will be super fast in general.

Mine right now is extremely fast, but it's two years old and I just wan a new one. These are it's stats, so how much does everyone think I can get off of it from eBay? The only areas that look worn is the top which has lots of scratches. It's such a weird material... anyway to get it to look less scratched?

G75VW
8gb RAM
Seagate 1TB SSHD (7200 RPM?)
Windows 7 home premium that was just installed in April/May with a brand new hard drive.
Intel Core i7 2.40gHz
nVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660M 2GB

Well if you want a super fast gaming machine, build yourself a desktop, much more powerful and lots less money.
I wouldn't trust a used keyboard, I'd get a new one from Asus or one of the custom builders. There not that costly I think I seen in Asus Store a G75 keyboards were like $69 or $59
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro