cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750 Goes Does not charge while gaming

shockfrost24
Level 7
I have a G750JH and I have a problem when I play a game my laptop says that it's not being charged and goes in to battery mode but when I am just browsing the Internet or playing a flash game there is no problem. If anyone has had this problem how do I fix it?
3 REPLIES 3

hmscott
Level 12
shockfrost24 wrote:
I have a G750JH and I have a problem when I play a game my laptop says that it's not being charged and goes in to battery mode but when I am just browsing the Internet or playing a flash game there is no problem. If anyone has had this problem how do I fix it?

shockfrost24, that symptom indicates the JH AC Power adapter isn't putting out enough power to charge and play - I can charge and play on my JH, so I know it can work.

Have you tried another AC circuit at your location, or another location, to see if it is the wall socket/circuit, or the power adapter?

If you have a friend with a JH 230w AC power, you can see if his works on your laptop.

It could also be the power circuit in the laptop, so you will need to swap another AC adapter to see if the problem goes away with a different/working AC Power adapter.

I always buy 2 AC Power adapters just in case of such problems, that way you can still charge your laptop if one of the AC adapters fails.

Here is where I got my 2nd JH AC adapter:

230 Watt AC Adapter SKU: 0A001-00390000
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6517

The first time your only AC adapter fails, you realize just how vulnerable you are - a $2500 laptop unusable because of a failed $89 AC adapter.

hmscott wrote:
shockfrost24, that symptom indicates the JH AC Power adapter isn't putting out enough power to charge and play - I can charge and play on my JH, so I know it can work.

Have you tried another AC circuit at your location, or another location, to see if it is the wall socket/circuit, or the power adapter?

If you have a friend with a JH 230w AC power, you can see if his works on your laptop.

It could also be the power circuit in the laptop, so you will need to swap another AC adapter to see if the problem goes away with a different/working AC Power adapter.

I always buy 2 AC Power adapters just in case of such problems, that way you can still charge your laptop if one of the AC adapters fails.

Here is where I got my 2nd JH AC adapter:

230 Watt AC Adapter SKU: 0A001-00390000
http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6517

The first time your only AC adapter fails, you realize just how vulnerable you are - a $2500 laptop unusable because of a failed $89 AC adapter.

- I have a ASUS ROG 750 17'' laptop and mine was playing just fine for about 2 months since its purchase. Today i thought of seeing my battery level and it was saying 96% but not charging. I got furious and started googling all of this, but nothing helped. This is what i did. C-PROGRAM FILES-ASUS-PG4-CLICK ALL ASUS EXECUTABLE FILES AND FINALLY CLICK POWER GEAR . Change it to High Performance and viola, it charges again.
I do recommend taking out the battery and then cleaning it first. Then trying this method.
IT HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN, and it will work again on its own if this doesnt work. But please try this first.
But at the end, love god and pray. Mine's working perfectly fine and i absolutely love this machine.
**I USED TO KEEP MY LAPTOP PLUGGED IN 24/7, DONT DO IT. IT IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM**
Good Luck. -

"In God's arms, lies true power."

Unkown Hero wrote:
- I have a ASUS ROG 750 17'' laptop and mine was playing just fine for about 2 months since its purchase. Today i thought of seeing my battery level and it was saying 96% but not charging. I got furious and started googling all of this, but nothing helped. This is what i did. C-PROGRAM FILES-ASUS-PG4-CLICK ALL ASUS EXECUTABLE FILES AND FINALLY CLICK POWER GEAR . Change it to High Performance and viola, it charges again.
I do recommend taking out the battery and then cleaning it first. Then trying this method.
IT HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN, and it will work again on its own if this doesnt work. But please try this first.
But at the end, love god and pray. Mine's working perfectly fine and i absolutely love this machine.
**I USED TO KEEP MY LAPTOP PLUGGED IN 24/7, DONT DO IT. IT IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM**
Good Luck. -

"In God's arms, lies true power."

Unkown Hero, there is no problem.

If you had been paying attention to the power level of the Battery all along you would have seen it range from 94% up to 99%, varying according to the charging circuit keeping the battery in optimum condition.

We don't need to unplug laptops, or remove batteries, or worry about the charging circuits in laptops like the G750/G751.

The years of experience gained in battery technology is built in to new automated circuits dedicated to keeping the battery in good condition. No manual intervention required.

By changing P4G to High Performance you have set the CPU to always run at it's highest speed all the time without downclocking. This isn't a good thing unless you are enabling High Performance for short periods to do Benchmarking or complete work that shows reduction in time tun due to not downclocking.

You want to run on Balanced Power Plan to reduce heat and power usage during idle times. Set the Balanced Power Plan CPU Min/Max 0%/100% to get maximum performance, with minimum power/heat during idle and between use.

You changed the rules for the charging circuit - at that time - which caused the charging circuit to re-compute the power demand and start charging again toward 99%. This is a short term effect.

Also, P4G is problematic, you should uninstall it and use the Windows Power Plans. Same effect, same control, less interference from P4G.

P4G is the definition of bloatware 🙂

You can keep your battery in the laptop, and keep it powered up all the time, without worry.

If you want extended battery time, set the Power Plan you have enabled on Battery use to CPU Performance Min/Max of 0%/99% to disable Turbo mode, it will help reduce the CPU load on the battery - for real time extension on battery use turn down the Brightness on the Display to the lowest you can get used to - the display backlight is where most of the power draw occurs.