cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX help/tips

SSgt_Conner
Level 7
I just built a system with the Maximus VII Gene. Love the board, love the audio quality but i hate supremeFX. I'm not very smart on the ins and outs of software but is there any way to replace supremeFX? Even with the the basic realtek interface? If not, is there any way at all to turn off the headphone impedance check every time i plug my headphones in?? I absolutely hate that noise it makes. And since i only have one set of headphones, its absolutely pointless to keep doing it. Also, if anyone has any advise to improve my experience with supremeFX, your tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
If you prefer the basic Realtek driver, you must first remove the Asus modified Realtek drivers from your computer. Then go and download the audio driver from Realtek's website. But by doing so, you will lose all of the SupremeFX features.

G3kk0
Level 7
I agree. This is really annoying.

Can nothing be done with the constant SupremeFX popup every time I plug my headphones in?

Limabean
Level 7
The popup window is very annoying. There is one setting that relates to popups, but it doesn't remove all of the windows. I can't see any reason to be notified of the impedance matching feature every time a pair of headphones is plugged in. Hopefully, ASUS will address this in a software update.

Limabean wrote:
Hopefully, ASUS will address this in a software update.

No, ASUS will do nothing with it!
But there is a solution that i found newly: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?51934-Asus-Maximus-VII-Hero-Microphone-problem-Drivers/pag...
Intel Core i7 6700K, ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Kingston 2x8GB HX426C15FBK2/16, Corsair MP510 960GB, Toshiba X300 4TB, XFX Pro 750W, Windows 10 Pro