cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network drivers error

Gogz99
Level 7
Can someone help me install drivers for Wi-Fi and bluetooth? When I download and install ANY of 7 Wi-Fi drivers, i get either hardware not found or i install them but nothing happends. In device manager both are in other devices, I even can't find out manufacturers. Auto install drivers can't find drivers online. HELP!
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
Gogz99 wrote:
Can someone help me install drivers for Wi-Fi and bluetooth? When I download and install ANY of 7 Wi-Fi drivers, i get either hardware not found or i install them but nothing happends. In device manager both are in other devices, I even can't find out manufacturers. Auto install drivers can't find drivers online. HELP!

Gogz99, my first comment won't immediately help you, but it might help others reading this.

Always verify what drivers are *already* installed by looking at the Programs and Features list of what is installed.

Then you have the driver name and version to compare against what you find in the current available downloads.

Then you know which drivers to check the version number, and which are worth downloading to install.

It can help to take a snipping tool snapshot of the installed drivers, and save those images before you start making changes - make sure the details you need - name and version number is visible in the images - or take more snipping tool images.

Write it down too - what version you found originally, and what version you update to - and save a copy on the laptop - but also email a copy of the text/images to yourself - and/or upload the notes/images to a Cloud account.

Gogz99, details are the key. Always think in specifics, and especially when asking questions provide all the details needed, and if you don't know what ones are needed, then provide all you can find within reason.

What laptop model do you have? G750? Which model? JW/JX/JH or JM/JS/JZ? or a G550 or G56? Which model? JR/JK/??

If you go to your specific model support area on Asus's support site, it will list the potential Wifi and BT hardware Asus has used on that model. Those are the only choices you should try. One of them will work.

Were you able to connect via Wifi/Bluetooth before trying to upgrade? Were they working ok? Or was there a problem that inspired you to try to update?

Even though the updates you tried didn't work, the original installed drivers should still be installed - since the installers are failing not finding the right hardware - what do you see in the Programs and Features list of installed programs and drivers? That will tell you what driver / version to download. Or, did you uninstall the drivers yourself?

If the drivers are still there, try uninstalling the Others in the Device Manager, and then when it looks for drivers, select to Choose the drivers from Installed drivers - if you uninstalled those drivers, this won't work.

Download all the Wifi drivers for your model, and try to use their installers after doing the Others Uninstall.

Let me know the answers to the above, and what you have now tried from the above, and how it worked.

Also, most Wifi cards have BT built-in, the BT drivers will be complimentary after you figure out the make of the Wifi card, once that is established you can then know what mfgr BT driver to download.

Here are the places to look for Wifi/BT drivers:

G750 support areas - The JM download area has the latest of all the G750, with JS/JZ next, the G750JW/JX/JH are out of date:
http://support.asus.com/Search.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=g750&ps=10&pn=1

Here are the latest Notebook WLAN drivers (no Intel)
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=WLAN&os=3

Here are the latest Notebook Bluetooth drivers
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Bluetooth&p=3&ft=27&os=30