cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi monitor problems

Laminate
Level 7
Got the new Strix 970 and getting some problems with main display now.

I have main display hooked up via DP and secondary to hdmi on the Hero (HD4600).

Nearly every boot now the main display won't initialise. Sometimes Windows will recognise this and switch secondary to main display. When I try and 'extend desktop over both monitors' this won't work until reboot where the main display might work fine again.

Last boot the display wasn't working but Windows thought it was so had to go into BIOS to change the PCI settings from initialise PCI first to Auto which is working for this boot (was on auto before though).

So wondering now if this is an issue with 970. All drivers for Intel and Nvidia have been checked and updated.
2 REPLIES 2

fuebob
Level 7
Hi mate,

I already had this kind of issues with another screen.

I removed the drivers (totally) and then install the good driver from official source.

Sounds like a drivers matter to me.

Cheers

Laminate
Level 7
This issue is happening before Windows even starts though, nothing is displayed on the screen not even POST. When the BIOS does appear, Windows will then appear as well fine. It seems quite random, last boot both monitors came on fine but this boot only the hdmi one has proper signal.