cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random automatic shut downs

Aakash
Level 8
I'm unfortunate user of maximus6 hero, suffering the crap from one year. take a look in my previous thread .

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40498-Asus-Maximus-vi-hero-Motherboard-is-behaving-weirdly

After deciding to living up with the problem, when asus service providers turned back on me.
After using for month i changed the ram from gskill ripjaws x to kingston hyper x blu, from then it worked ok. I've to change ram even ripjaws are compatible with this board.
Then after a year My pc is having random shutdowns, i've to write almost 17 times to post in this thread because of shutdown.
I checked the ram sticks, gpu hard disk but no problem found there. The remaining things are mobo processor and psu. Out of these i'm going to check psu tonight. I think mobo is the problem. In case of mobo plz help asus refused to repair my mobo because of shortage of supply when the mobo is just released , then how can i expect they are going to repair know after a year.plz help
1 REPLY 1

Aakash
Level 8
Same things happens to my PC like this Tom's hardware guy
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2100570/asus-maximus-extreme-windows-failed-fast-startup-erro...
The following happens last night:

1. Event 6008: The previous system shutdown at 11:17:37 PM on ‎4/‎17/‎2014 was unexpected.

I did not know something went wrong (no BSOD) as my system settings for Startup and Recovery were:

* Write and event to the system log + automatic restart with automatic memory dump.

2. So this morning, the computer took longer time to log in (this is a warning sign). I check the event viewer right away, and sure enough, there was one critical event:

Event 41: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. 4/18/2014 7:12:50 AM

and a Kernel-boot error, Event 29: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4. 4/18/2014 7:12:48 AM

Please note that the fast startup option was still enabled at that time.

3. So what I have done is to change my system settings for Startup and Recovery to:

* Write and event to the system log + automatic restart has been disabled + choose small memory dump in %SystemRoot%\Minidump

By doing so, I will be able to at least have dmp files in the minidump subdirectly.

4. I also disable the fast startup option as I am running the OS with the SSD, and the boot time is still pretty fast.

My hypothesis is that somewhat is not quite right with the fast startup option, but I would have to wait to see whether the issue still remains or not.