cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Partition mishap

Retired
Not applicable
so i just got my g73jh referbished yesterday and ive been reading about getting a fresh copy of windows withouth the bloatware etc. so i thought maybe i can do a Recovery Partition to possibly have a fresh copy of windows. anyways the recovery went through but all the bloatware is still there, only now i have no wireless connection. its like the driver support for my wireless adapter is missing. what do i do, and why would this happen?
2 REPLIES 2

BrodyBoy
Level 10
Are you saying you just ran a restore installation from the recovery partition? That's not a clean install.....that just restores the computer to the OEM installation, as shipped. A clean installation requires a separate Windows installer disc. Then you manually install drivers and any bloatware you want.

Just try re-installing the WLAN driver. (Make sure you get the driver for the specific WLAN card you've got on board.)

Also, do check to make sure the wireless adapter is turned on. 😉

Retired
Not applicable
BrodyBoy wrote:
Are you saying you just ran a restore installation from the recovery partition? That's not a clean install.....that just restores the computer to the OEM installation, as shipped. A clean installation requires a separate Windows installer disc. Then you manually install drivers and any bloatware you want.

Just try re-installing the WLAN driver. (Make sure you get the driver for the specific WLAN card you've got on board.)

Also, do check to make sure the wireless adapter is turned on. 😉

hahah ya i made sure it wasnt just off. in the device manage the network controller and my wlan card had missing drivers. so i gotta hook it up ethernet style. but ya i wasnt 100% sure of the recovery partition fixing the problem, i just had a buddy tell me to try that before downloading a universal windows 7 install dvd. ive been using just my macbook for the past 3 years so im a bit rusty with my pc knowledge. thanks man 🙂