cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime = ok, cold boot this morning = lockup

GoNz0-
Level 10
I thought I had 4.4 nailed via cpu level up last night on my 5930. it passed aida64 fpu for a while, then a good round of prime. several warm reboots.

I get up this morning and boot the pc and it locked midway through loading windows 😞

Could this be adaptive voltage at play as I put that on after several benchmarks and ran a few more to test it. Maybe needing an offset instead of just the max voltage?
21 REPLIES 21

Raja
Level 13
Could be anything from Vcache, Vcore, VCCSA or memory timing related. You will need to tune the system more. Seems like training from power down might not be fully stable. This platform needs tuning thoroughly - Prime just helps confirm some stability after POST, not complete unconditional stability.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Post your overclock settings so we can see what your working with.

GoNz0-
Level 10
I didn't save them and lost them after the 0901 bios flash but iirc

vcore 1.326
cpu cache 1.2

the rest were auto after a cpu level up

gskill 2666 had been set to pc2400 by the bios.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
Well CPU level up isn't the best you should really manually tune your overclock in 1.326v seems high for 4.4Ghz most CPUs need around 1.28v for 4.4Ghz, Turn fully manual mode off if its on set 1.3v on the CPU Core voltage then enter 45 in the core multiplier leave the rest on auto and just work from there.

GoNz0-
Level 10
I seem to be stable so far at 4.4, 4.5 reboots within a minute.

I had to up the uncore to 1.3 as well to stop a instant reboot when letting prime bench test.

Any suggestions on what to try to get 4.5 stable ?

GoNz0- wrote:
I seem to be stable so far at 4.4, 4.5 reboots within a minute.

I had to up the uncore to 1.3 as well to stop a instant reboot when letting prime bench test.

Any suggestions on what to try to get 4.5 stable ?

Don't use prime at all use Linx 0.6.4 it will need less voltage than prime and still be stable for every think you use it for, I tuned my overclock using it and haven't had a problem yet and my system resets like your when running Prime what version of prime where you using ?

You can try using my settings for 4.5hz

VCORE 1.3v
LLC 6
INPUT VOLTAGE 1.85

Run Linx For 90minutes if it passes that without BSOD your system will be stable keep a eye on temps use HWiNFO for a safe guard make it close down LinX if hitting over 84c .

Chino
Level 15
The performance is in the core, my friend. Forget about the uncore for now and leave it at default. Go as high as you can go on the core then play with the uncore.

GoNz0-
Level 10
I did leave it at default but I had to up the voltage to get it stable, the uncores at it's stock 30 still

GoNz0-
Level 10
Thanks, will give it a go later. I also have a 2nd 9530k to toss in to see what's best.

Did you leave uncore on the stock 1v?

is it prime 28.5? it's the one I keep seeing thrown around here anyhow 🙂