cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP!] Warranty declined on two monts old G750JZ

Svift
Level 7
I need help, is there someone official from asus? I have my $2500 laptop from 29.9.14. I have nothing but problems with it.

1. When it got to me it overheated, constantly. Since Iam computer technician for 9 years I checked the cooling. I foud it was badly manufactured, read carefully my previous thread:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?52548-G750JZ-any-quality-control
(And that happens time to time across all the brands - no thermal greed, blocked cooling. I have seen it many times. )

- also my SSD Raid 0 from 2x 256Sandis had slower perfromance than i should. According to as ssd approx.:700/700 read/write intead of 990/990.

On 24.11. SSD´s finally died. Laptop freezed every few minutes. Raid ssd performace was wery unstable arround 400/400. Using backtracker I made a backup. I canceled the raid and installed windows 7 on first and then second ssd. Performance individually was extremly unstable on continuous tests results were 50/50 - 100/ 250 - 70/200 - 30 /30. Both SSD are bad. And according this forum and google there are know to be fauly.

Sil Europe. Czech Republic:
Because you disassembled your laptop as you documented, and by testing your ssd´s there is no way of knowing what damaged the SSD. Warranty is now VOID. We offer you paid repair 17700Kč that is approx 885 dolars for SSD´s and work. That´s twice the price over retail price. Not even speking about wholesale price, sice I work in computer store.

This is in conflict with czech law. I havend found any backing for this in asus conditions. I havent breaked the seal! I havent damaged or even scratched anything, I provided direct proof that laptop was badly manufactured. Only way how could I know it was wrongly manufactured was to open it. And that was used against me! This shoud be top of line product! What is this? It this ASUS approved? It threre somenone who actually cares about customers or is it like we have you many now go F. your self?

I had a phone call, with SIL service manager. After some arguing with SIL Main Technician he said ok we repair it if we dont find any damage. Nothing happened! SIL´s represantation of customer service is bassicaly a laugh off to customers.

Czech Law dont allow me to provide the recording of the phone call direcly, I can write it down word by word.

Please Help, Iam desperate. 😞
9 REPLIES 9

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Don't let my post disencourage you from continuing to research alternatives and to try get your laptop worked on..

... but if they said that 'Because you've dismantled your unit, your warranty is now void' then.. I don't know what you can do.

You could try again and NOT admit you dismantled the unit..?

A tip in the future: Try not to admit you opened your unit, and leave no trace behind if you need to get an RMA.

Svift
Level 7
Yea lesson learned. Still I consider myself IT professional. Since I diassembled hundreds of laptops, phones and PC´s. They admintted they cound not find any damage. So they voided warranty based on fact that I tested the drives by benchmark and dissasembled the laptop. Only proof they have it was ever dissasembled is the one I send them about wrongly assebled cooling.

I never encountered problem with dissasembly or benchmarking before. Since communication is B2B. And especially for SIL you need to include very specific informations, otherwise they just reflash the bios and send it back as repaired as many, many times before.

I feel like they desperatly try to VOID warranty any way possible. Even if its far fetched. By czech law if I would take to the court, and I will if nessesary. My lawyer sais it easy to win case, but it will take some time. I stop selling asus in my shop since this is the experience would not wish on an enemy. Especially not on my customers 😞 Or the approach is: oooh its weatlhy customer with expensive laptop lest milk him for some money and sell him new ssd for twice the price - muhhahahah... I just dont know.

Its kinda sad after having G73jh, G53jw, G74sw and G750JH its G750JZ first I had problem with. And I was planning to get G751 for holidays.

gazzacbr
Level 10
well, sorry but as an "IT Professional" you should have known better.
maybe you could update the header to say "... because I took the laptop apart"
what do you think anyone here can do, it was clearly your mistake and you have to pay for it.
i am sure under any law, Czech or otherwise, the warranty is standard for any manufacturer of any electrical equipment.
they rightly voided the warranty because you took the laptop apart.
you have to see this from Asus point.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16

gazzacbr wrote:
well, sorry but as an "IT Professional" you should have known better.
maybe you could update the header to say "... because I took the laptop apart"
what do you think anyone here can do, it was clearly your mistake and you have to pay for it.
i am sure under any law, Czech or otherwise, the warranty is standard for any manufacturer of any electrical equipment.
they rightly voided the warranty because you took the laptop apart.
you have to see this from Asus point.

Please for you every future reaction read the whole trhread before reply.

In short taking it apart was only way I could know it was delivered in sorry status. I send it to RMA in better condition than I received It. If they would open it and saw the mess they would claim it was taken aparat. yout see problem here ? 😉

There are FEW competenct people here, who can say to SIL hey you see this takes a individual consideration. Any sentient being here knows everyone who is able to take apart piece of electronic and put it back together withou leaving any trace is skilled enough not damage it. I send whole system to RMA because SSD´s failed (and there know problem with G750JZ and raid SSD). And the SSD´s in question was never out of the slot. The laptop is in "like new" condition.

Only way they knew it was taken apart is because I wrotem them about the condition I got it in. If the SSD wouldn´t failed. I wouldn´t had any reason to RMA it.

I work for IT reatail shop we diagnose every computer thoroughly for RMA service centers as they tent to not to and do just a BIOS uprade or clean instalation of OS. Taking laptops apart was never a issue.

My post seems long, but they contain one magic thing - informations.

emre_temelkuran
Level 7
No way, it's easy. If you open yourself they will not fix it without money.
+ Your words are not make sense to them, they would check with standard procedures without ignoring your details.

Svift
Level 7
Well to make a long story short. Warranty is now accepted, it will be fixed for free with continuing warranty. So big thx to SIL .

I never heard of "standart procedures". But there are law´s. But that is region specific I guess.

I am really suprised that no one here even try to bump this or support me. Even upgrading a RAM in laptop could be consideret as dissasembling (the one screw on the bottom G750, two in a case G73 or half of a body in G551, glued keyboard G74) and should viod you warranty according to: "gazzacbr, emre temelkuran and Darnassus". That is just silly to put in mildly. 🙂

I considered ROG forum as modding forum, where are those OC crazy - biosed modding, custom lighting building entuziast ? from G73 and G74 times... 😉 Damn G750 section is soft...

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Svift wrote:
I am really suprised that no one here even try to bump this or support me. Even upgrading a RAM in laptop could be consideret as dissasembling (the one screw on the bottom G750, two in a case G73 or half of a body in G551, glued keyboard G74) and should viod you warranty according to: "gazzacbr, emre temelkuran and Darnassus". That is just silly to put in mildly. 🙂

I am unsure what you mean by this. I never said anything should void your warranty. :c

I was the one who encouraged you to try again, just not tell them you opened it because the operator might automatically assume it was your fault. x'{

Lesson to be leadned here is never to admit its been opened 🙂 That´s for sure!

Was I lucky - yes. Also technician was actually cool on the phone. He said: "ok, will check the laptop for any sings of damage. If we dont find any we will aproove the warranty repair." Thas was OK with me.

And they didnt found a thing. So Iam just sitting here happy, waiting for it to get back.

gazzacbr
Level 10
"In short taking it apart was only way I could know it was delivered in sorry status"
no, you return it and let them tell you whats wrong.

"biosed modding, custom lighting building..."
yes, we do all of that stuff on the understanding that we void our warranty.

it is accepted practice that you can remove the 1 screw and change your hard disc and the ram that you can see.
but, of course, those parts or any related parts that break or fail would not be covered.

looks like you got lucky and through the good will of Asus they are repairing your laptop.
so good for you.

but dont give this out as general advice.
Asus G750JX-CV050H||GTX770M||24GB ram||120hz 3D screen||
1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD||500GB Crucial M4 SSD in DVD Bay
free bag and mouse :cool:
win 8.1||win 7||win xp||server 2008||os x mavericks||linux mint 16