cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JZ. Problem with graphics card (GTX 880M)

Acropolo
Level 7
I recently bought a new laptop.I did used it a couple of days when suddenly my GTX 880M stopped working. In the beggining I though that was due to a virus,so I formated my laptop. I reinstalled the drivers but still it didn't work. In the device mange panel,it detects my graphics card though I get the error 43 in the description.Any suggestions on how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance!
13 REPLIES 13

toronto699
Level 13
in device manager uninstall the driver for the device with the code 43 error , then install the driver .
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725873(v=WS.10).aspx

Acropolo
Level 7
Thanks for your reply toronto699! I tried this one as well but I get the same error after restarting my computer. I am not sure if this is going to help,but when trying to install the driver,it's like I never installed them, the minute I am back to the Nvidia GeForce Experience panel.

toronto699
Level 13
http://www.geforce.com/drivers u uninstalled from device manager , not add remove programs

Acropolo
Level 7
Okay.I tried that way as well just now. Even deleting the drivers that I had previously downloaded. Yet,it's not working. Is there anything else I could do?Thank you for answering back to me so fast as well. I really appreciate it!

toronto699
Level 13
uninstall the driver from device manager , then uninstall any Nvidia programs left in add remove programs , do not reboot!! install the NVidia drivers.

Acropolo
Level 7
Okay. At the moment,I have uninstalled everything. In the exact order you told me to. I am trying to install the drivers back,though I get the error. "This graphics driver could not find any compitable graphics hardware". Should I scan for new hardware in the device control? Or reboot?

toronto699
Level 13
scan for new hardware then , I don't undertand why driver will not install if u reboot windows will install a driver most likely , but maybe not the correct driver

It's the correct driver. There is no doubt about that. Is there any chance that the graphics card has been damaged,but still my laptop can recognizing it in the device control?

toronto699
Level 13
I guess the graphic card could be defective , make a post in the G750 thread below in the notebook forums so other 750 owners can help as well , I have a G751 both nice machines.