cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Crosshair Formula IV - Missing Bios or broken mb?

Retired
Not applicable
Firts of all I apologize for my English which can't be perfect since I'm italian.

System:
Motherboard: Asus Crossahair formula IV
RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 Ram Corsair
SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 60GB
HD: 1tb Samsung
GC: ATI RADEON 4870 X2
Core: AMD Phenom IV - Black Edition
PS: Enermax Modu 82+
SO: Windows 7 Ultimate - 64bit

Then here's the deal:
I had just bought "Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR" to update my system from 4GB Ram to 12GB Ram (yes I know you should never mix up RAMs) when I put all the four Rams in my pc it started and then it blocked during the loading.
I thought the mixed ram was the cause so I took off the two old rams, the same happened the pc stopped at windows loading screen.

I turned my computer off again and I reset it to the old config (my ram is on the two red), it didn't start. Actually it turns on but all it does is powering fans and the DRAM led (plus all the buttons), the screen, the mouse and the keyboard don't turn on at all. That's why I'm thinking about BIOS problems.
Thoughts?

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide, also it's quite urgent since I use this pc to work (graphics and design). You're welcome in advance. ATM i'm writing from my laptop.

Ps.: I don't think I did it but I may have accidentally pressed the button on the backpanel (Clear CMOS switch). 😞
11 REPLIES 11

NemesisChild
Level 12
Your English is very good, I wish I could speak Italian that well.

Before installing new memory, it's always best to clear the CMOS before hand.
So clear the CMOS, place one memory module in the slot furthest away from the CPU, then see if posts.
You should be running the 2x2GB sticks in the two slots furthest away from the CPU, which I believe are the black slots on the CH4F.
If you can post, then manually enter the timings, frequency, and DRAM voltage in the bios.
Repeat this procedure if you decide to run your new Corsair Vengeance set.

Do not mix the two sets, you're only asking for troubles.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks you man but it didn't work I think my MB screwed. The screen won't turn on meaning it got no signal from my computer neither do keyboard and mouse, I think something has messed up with it.

mudkip
Level 7
Have you tried MEM ok
MOBO: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD 1100T Black Edition
RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB 1866 (PC14900)
PSU: 1000W crap
GPU: 2x HD6850S
Primary HDD: 1TB SEGATE BARRACUDA
CPU COOLER: COOLMASTER V6 PUSH/PULL

Retired
Not applicable
Yes I tried all of them. No respond though.

mudkip
Level 7
When you use the MEM ok button does the light flash at all?

Retired
Not applicable
the motherboard resets but i got no respond from my computer. I got the energy but it seems that the whole motherboard bios is gone (that's the weird stuff). > The fans are on but there is no led turned on on the mothorboard (but the DRAM's LED) and as stated before neither the screen nor the usbs controllers (keyboard and mouse) works. All I can imagine is the bios wiped out of the motherboard or the motherboard completly gone.

Or, maybe, a power supply problem, seems strange to me though.

I don't know what the hell is goin' on. probably she's as good as dead.

mudkip
Level 7
have you checked and reseated your CPU. i have seen the CPU throw the DRAM led. its getting passed some of the checks witchmeans its working to a point where its hanging ON dram

NemesisChild
Level 12
Hmm, so why won't it post after clearing the CMOS and installing the original modules?
Several thoughts: a corrupt bios, fried Mobo or a bad PSU.
What PSU are you running and do you have the 8-pin power connection to the board?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Retired
Not applicable
I'm running "Enermax Modu82+ 625W" and yes it's connected (24 pin). I already experienced problem with my PSU (my computer can not handle 2 HD + 1 SSD).