cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero onboard graphics HD4600 not working

sweenytodd
Level 7
So just today I had to RMA my 780 Ti DirectCU II to Asus and now I have problems getting my Intel HD onboard graphics to work.

Did removed the CMOS battery and mobo still does not detect the onboard graphics. VGA_led is lighting up as always with a Q_led code of 62. How do we fix this?
8 REPLIES 8

jab383
Level 13
Removing the battery can be insufficient at times. Use the Clear CMOS jumper to clear the BIOS settings. In its default condition, BIOS should automatically detect the Intel graphics and the monitor. Failing that, try to borrow another PCIe graphics card.

After getting into BIOS, check a few things in BIOS:

Extreme Tweaker tab > Tweaker's Paradise > PCIe Tuning. Check that Internal Graphics are enabled.

Advanced Menu tab > System Agent Configuration > Graphics Configuration. Select iGPU as the primary display. Set iGPU memory as large as you want and set iGPU Multi Monitor to disable.

You may need to install the Intel driver for the iGPU after the OS loads.

Jeff

sweenytodd
Level 7
Did clear the CMOS using the jumper and followed the manual, still doesn't work. I don't have someone to borrow a graphics card right now. What else can I do?

jab383
Level 13
What CPU is installed? There may be a BIOS version issue. You can try downloading the latest version and updating BIOS using the flashback method with a USB flash drive.

Jeff

sweenytodd
Level 7
I have a 4670K, using the latest 1603 BIOS for the VI Hero till the last the I have my system up and running. I have my PC specs dropdown under my name. What's the problem here?

Nate152
Hello sweenytodd

Are you sure it's code 62 and not b2?

You could try stripping down your pc to a minimum of components. 1 ssd, 1 stick of ram, remove all pci - pcie cards and all usb devices.

If you get it to boot start adding one component at a time until you get the code b2-62.

How are you connecting the onboard graphics hdmi, dvi? Maybe try another cable.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello sweenytodd

Are you sure it's code 62 and not b2?

You could try stripping down your pc to a minimum of components. 1 ssd, 1 stick of ram, remove all pci - pcie cards and all usb devices.

If you get it to boot start adding one component at a time until you get the code b2-62.

How are you connecting the onboard graphics hdmi, dvi? Maybe try another cable.

Did what you suggested and still don't boot properly. You're correct, it's b2 not 62. The VI Hero have only HDMI output so right now I'm hooked to a QNIX QX2710LED, DVI-D only.

sweenytodd
Level 7
bump!

jab383
Level 13
Digital outputs from the integrated graphics come directly from the CPU. Since the rig worked with the 780ti, most of the CPU is working. There are some remaining possibilities. A CPU socket pin may be misaligned. I suggest lifting the CPU, inspecting the socket for bent pins and reinstalling the CPU. Use care to tighten the cooler evenly and not too tight. Heavy or off-center pressure from a cooler is one cause of socket pins missing the tabs on the CPU.

Another possibility is a failed CPU. I notice that the 4670K is delidded. That has the dual effect of risking this sort of failure and voiding the warranty. I know. I have some delidded CPUs laying around with non-functional memory channels and PCIe lanes. The sure way to tell where the fault lies is to swap parts. If you can get another CPU - beg or borrow (steal at your own risk) one to check it out. Perhaps a less expensive version of Haswell like a Pentium or Celeron? If you have to order such online, the RMA of the 780ti may take less time, though.

Jeff