cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Asus G751JY] CPU Fan suddenly running at full speed all the time.

Karzmu
Level 7
Hello,

yesterday while i was doing some web browsing on my G751JY my cpu fan suddenly started to work on full speed and it works like that till now (I'm assuming that CPU fan is on the left if you look on the laptop opened screen and use keyboard). CPU is extremely cool (36 C) and the air going through the vents as well. I tried restarting my computer but it didn't help. The CPU usage during idle is about 1-2%, but the fan still works at full speed. The GPU (Graphics Card) fan is working in normal way. What can i do to make my CPU fan work in normal way as well?
25 REPLIES 25

NitroX
Level 10
Hmm... Sounds interesting because some people over here would prefer to know how to make the fan go on full speed to lower the temps :)). I assume if may be a driver related problem. Did you try to install any of the bios versions from ASUS support zone? Or did you try to use any kind of software to control your fans ?

Karzmu
Level 7
I did completly nothing with the BIOS or Fans control. Just suddenly CPU Fan started to work at full speed and it's annoying because it's really noisy now during idle :(. As I said GPU (Graphics Card) fan works completly normal only CPU Fan is spinning like hell 😛

NitroX
Level 10
Could you tell us the RPM of the CPU fan at this moment ? Use HWMonitor and check it out.

Karzmu
Level 7
It's 4100 - 4200 RPM constantly.

NitroX
Level 10
Dude. You have just answered something that we we're very interested about :D. Your problem may lead to our solution. Ok. Firstly I wanna ask you to make a print screen with the HWMonitor and the fans RPM and post it here because this will help us further into convincing ASUS that we need a more aggressive fan profile to lower the temps. The CPU fan in all cases never went over 3100RPM even at 91C.
Regarding your problem, let's see how you could solve it. I would firstly suggest you to reinstall the chipset driver from here: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/ and after that download the Windows BIOS Flash Utility along with the latest Bios version 205 and then update your bios to 205 using that tool. Just use the Bios Flash tool and then restart the PC and let the bios update make its things. After the update is complete, enter the bios and check if the version is really 205. Then check it out if the fan still goes mad.
If this doesn't solve your problem, come back and well try to find another solution.

NitroX wrote:
Dude. You have just answered something that we we're very interested about :D. Your problem may lead to our solution. Ok. Firstly I wanna ask you to make a print screen with the HWMonitor and the fans RPM and post it here because this will help us further into convincing ASUS that we need a more aggressive fan profile to lower the temps. The CPU fan in all cases never went over 3100RPM even at 91C.
Regarding your problem, let's see how you could solve it. I would firstly suggest you to reinstall the chipset driver from here: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/ and after that download the Windows BIOS Flash Utility along with the latest Bios version 205 and then update your bios to 205 using that tool. Just use the Bios Flash tool and then restart the PC and let the bios update make its things. After the update is complete, enter the bios and check if the version is really 205. Then check it out if the fan still goes mad.
If this doesn't solve your problem, come back and well try to find another solution.

Very helpfull. The same problem on my Asus k42f - fun goes on full all the time. After reinstalling suggestions, shutting down, disconnecting battery, then placed BIOS defaults - fun went normally.
Thank you!

I have seen this similar problem before and fixed it twice on g750's

Follow this link > LINK

Karzmu
Level 7
I post a screenshot of HWMonitor. I'm not so happy as you with this RPM because it feels like it isn't good for my fan to run so fast (but maybe i'm just not used to my laptop being that noisy). I'll give it a try with updating BIOS to 205.

Karzmu
Level 7
I've just updated my BIOS to 205 and still no difference. This fan is killing me 😞 Do you think that fan running constantly at such high speed can damage itself?