cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula (USB peripheral problem) :confused:

Viem
Level 7
Hello all, I'm new here and this is my first post..

3-4 months ago I got myself a DeathAdder 2013 Edition (or 4G) mouse. In the beginning it was working flawlessly and was instantly recognized as a HID device , was installed properly and functioning as it should. I used it both on my laptop and gaming desktop PC without problem. As the time was passing by, I noticed that if it is plugged in while the ASUS Crosshair V based PC switched off it wouldn't be recognized by Windows when boot was complete. No lights were "breathing" or light up at all like there was no device at all, and I 've worked this around simply by waiting the OS to finish loading and plugged it in then. In this way it was working 100% fine, or so I thought...

Now, I'm in the phase where the mouse is still working as it should on other PCs exept on mine. Properly being installed and functioning no matter if there are drivers for it or not. On every other PC exept mine. I've taken it to my work and tried totally random office low-end PCs to check what 'll happen if I plug it in and it was working on all of them! After that I thought it might be a driver issue and decided to reinstall OS in case mine got its drivers corrupted or was missing some of them the device needs to work. After the format and OS installation, I installed all updates avaliable from ASUS, AMD, ASmedia USB controllers, Microsoft but again there is no reaction at all, when I plug in the mouse on USB 3, USB 2, or any powered USB-hub. Like I have not plug in the mouse. I checked other "demanding" in resourses devices, like my other gaming mouse tT esports Level 10 M (1000 hz USB polling), webcam etc.. and they're all working fine.

So, what should I do next?

Any ideas or suggestions would be more than appreciated! Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Viem and Welcome to ROG

I feel your pain having Razer mouse issues myself and went through the same problems with mine. Although a different model.
Usually driver related until your mouse is recognized, it can be other things and your answer may lie in the many posts on different forums.
I would Google around, If no one here can help.

Some have Bios problems initially, however yours was working initially. Have you made changes in Bios?
Then there is the problem of drivers and Synapse. Also firmware updates for the Dock and mouse.
Sorry I could not be of more help, but it should have worked, even with standard Microsoft drivers.

Maybe contact Razer support and explain your problem, They helped me.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Viem
Level 7
Hello MeanMachine , thank you for your reply . Feels great to be part of this community already.

I've went trough the process of contacting Razer Support and followed their step by step advices, but in the end I was unable to get my issue solved. They told me to take my machine to a techician to check my PC for hardware or compatibility issues. With what you said about BIOS settings you've made me to remember an unrelated issue I 've got with Battlefiled 3 constantly crashing and the way I 've followed in order to get that problem fixed. When I finally managed to make BF to no more crash, I was indeed messing up with BIOS , onboard devices etc. But now , at the time the mouse issue occured, one of the steps I 've tried were to restore all BIOS settings to Optimized Defaults and try to boot the machine in that way to see if it'll work unfortunatly with no luck. Being not a really advanced expert on BIOS settings though , I thought this might help and it didn't.

Now with that being said, I wonder what other setting would have impact on USB devices except the Southbridge/USB/USB controllers settings? How can I check if the USB ports give enough power to USB devices? Maybe the DeathAdder needs more Volts than the USB ports are already providing? Is there a way check this in BIOS?

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Viem
Well having looked around myself, There is a Bios setting for ErP support. (Not sure re: your MB and it may not help), but worth a try to check the setting.

This article states:
ErP Support determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W of power in S5 (shutdown) state. When the setting is enabled, the following four functions will become unavailable: PME Event Wake Up, Power On By Mouse, Power On By Keyboard, and Wake On LAN.

Enabling ErP will disable waking from full power off state with anything other than the power switch. With ErP disabled, it's possible to set your computer up to turn on with a click of the mouse or with a keyboard, or with a packet sent to the NIC. It has no effect on waking from sleep.

The purpose of it is environmental. When powered off, your motherboard makes sure it has just enough power to receive a power on signal from it's connected devices. if ErP is enabled the motherboard allows itself to full power down.
Do you think this power down state has something to do with your issue?

Also worth checking out, as was my case initially,
Make sure that USB ports are not in hibernation mode. Please go to your Windows “Device Manager” and click the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Click on any “Root Hub” and select “Properties.” Click the Power Management tab and ensure that “Allow computer to turn off this device to save power” is not checked and proceed to do this under each Root Hub. Also, from the Control Panel and Power Options, select the Hibernation Tab and deselect “Enable hibernate support.”
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Viem
Well having looked around myself, There is a Bios setting for ErP support. (Not sure re: your MB and it may not help), but worth a try to check the setting.

This article states:
ErP Support determines whether to let the system consume less than 1W of power in S5 (shutdown) state. When the setting is enabled, the following four functions will become unavailable: PME Event Wake Up, Power On By Mouse, Power On By Keyboard, and Wake On LAN.

Enabling ErP will disable waking from full power off state with anything other than the power switch. With ErP disabled, it's possible to set your computer up to turn on with a click of the mouse or with a keyboard, or with a packet sent to the NIC. It has no effect on waking from sleep.

The purpose of it is environmental. When powered off, your motherboard makes sure it has just enough power to receive a power on signal from it's connected devices. if ErP is enabled the motherboard allows itself to full power down.
Do you think this power down state has something to do with your issue?

Also worth checking out, as was my case initially,
Make sure that USB ports are not in hibernation mode. Please go to your Windows “Device Manager” and click the + sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Click on any “Root Hub” and select “Properties.” Click the Power Management tab and ensure that “Allow computer to turn off this device to save power” is not checked and proceed to do this under each Root Hub. Also, from the Control Panel and Power Options, select the Hibernation Tab and deselect “Enable hibernate support.”

Thank you for your effort and reply!

Unfortunately I 've already played around with that setting in BIOS with the ErP both enabled or disabled. Both options do excactly what they 're supposed to do and don't make any difference as if the PC has already loaded the OS and I plug in the mouse to check if it 'll be recognized or something.At this point, I assume that the other gaming mouse I own, theoretically shouldn't have been working aswell, if it was the BIOS or the OS messing around with the USB voltages.

I've disabled the hibernation mode and USB selective suspend, changed the plan to High Performance, but still no luck.

sectionate wrote:
I had to RMA/Return to bestbuy 3 DeathAdder 2013 in less then 2 months (mouse1 becoming disconnected). very cheap manufacturing or hardware components could be your issue, so I'd just rma the mouse

Yes that would be great, but it's fully functioning on other PCs....I wouldn't mind to solve my problem though, but I see no good reason to explain what's faulty about it.

sectionate
Level 12
I had to RMA/Return to bestbuy 3 DeathAdder 2013 in less then 2 months (mouse1 becoming disconnected). very cheap manufacturing or hardware components could be your issue, so I'd just rma the mouse
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com