cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 install fail, PLEASE HELP!!!

ApacheCheiften
Level 7
Hey guys, so I am building a computer and I am down to the final stretch, installing the OS. I have a asus maximus hero vii mother board and an intel 4970k processor. I've tried installing Ubuntu (linux) and windows 7 pro 64 bit, and neither of them have worked. I have already read a few other sub forums by others with similar issues but none of them have worked. Please help.
11 REPLIES 11

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi ApacheCheiften and Welcome to ROG. Explain in more detail how you tried to install your OS.

Are you able to access your Bios?
If so, then you should check your Bios is recognizing your drives and that they are configured correctly.
If using DVD drive to install your OS, then set Bios boot config to boot from DVD.

Please report back and also fill out your system specs in your profile.

MM
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

ApacheCheiften
Level 7
Thanks for the response..... I am able to access my bios...It recognizes my drivers and they are configured correctly, however when i click boot on windows 7 it restarts my computer without doing anything.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Do you have CSM disabled in the BIOS boot menu? If so, enable it.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Nate152
hello ApacheChieften

if you have more than 1 HDD or SSD, remove them all but the one you want to install the OS on.

As MeanMachine says: Set your cd/dvd drive as the first boot device and insert the windows disc. Reboot, then it will say press any key to boot from dvd, touch any key on your keyboard in the time frame and you should be on your way.

After installation be sure to set your hdd/ssd as the first boot device.

ApacheCheiften
Level 7
Thanks for all the help guys. I will try it again with my new found knowledge and report back with the result.

Nate152

ApacheCheiften
Level 7
Ok so none of that worked..... Should secure boot be on? also should i boot from UEFI or legacy OPROM?

ApacheCheiften wrote:
Ok so none of that worked..... Should secure boot be on? also should i boot from UEFI or legacy OPROM?

If you are having problems try legacy OPROM. Secure boot is automatically disabled if CSM is enabled.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Nate152
To do a UEFI install read this, it's for the rampage iv board but it's the same steps.

http://rog.asus.com/220572013/rampage-motherboards/rampage-iv-uefi-boot-installation-guide-on-window...

You can enable secure boot, it's your option.

So what happened when you tried installing windows?

Tell us the steps you are doing please.