cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog gl551jm-dh71 release date in Australia?

Brons0n
Level 7
hi
i was wondering when the ASUS ROG GL551JM-DH71 will be released in australia as i really want to buy it for my bday (16 march) and i dont eant to get it shipped from the us.
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

fyi.
The GL551JM-DH71 is only sold in the U.S. region, so you will not find this exact or 'full' model name sold in Australia.

Each country or region will decide which models to sell and create their own 'full' model names if this makes any sense.

Basically, you would need to check with your local ASUS support or resellers to find out what is available in your area.
I happen to be located in the U.S., so could tell you about U.S. models, but have no idea what is sold in Australia, etc.

http://www.asus.com/support/callus

Not sure if the GL551JM model is sold in Australia, but if it was, it may have different configurations and a different 'full model' name (GL551JM-XXXX where 'X' can be any characters), so you may also need to study the (cpu, memory, hard drive, etc.) configurations carefully to make sure it has everything you want.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a worrier, but if you are thinking about getting a unit shipped from the U.S. and concerned about warranty, some units may have global warranty and some may not, so something else to watch out for if you care about this.
Even if your model has global warranty though, repairs can take longer if the same model is not sold in your region (since parts usually need to be ordered), so for warranty service at least, it's usually better to purchase a model sold in your region.

Well, hope this makes sense and is not too long and confusing, but the short answer would be 'check with your local ASUS support for availability'. Thanks.