cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with ASUS mother board support????

digmeahole1
Level 10
:mad:

Twice I have called the mother board support line in the usa and twice they took my name and number and promised a call back within two hours and a day latter and still no call back....Is this common practice with ASUS support now? I haven't called them in 4 years but it was never this BAD!

We ROG MB owners deserve better. We paid top dollar for these boards and should have access to support!

I am going to call one more time on Monday and ask for a manager. If they refuse to support us I will be bringing the board back...:(
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.
4 REPLIES 4

Squall_Rinoa89
Level 8
digmeahole1 wrote:
:mad:

Twice I have called the mother board support line in the usa and twice they took my name and number and promised a call back within two hours and a day latter and still no call back....Is this common practice with ASUS support now? I haven't called them in 4 years but it was never this BAD!

We ROG MB owners deserve better. We paid top dollar for these boards and should have access to support!

I am going to call one more time on Monday and ask for a manager. If they refuse to support us I will be bringing the board back...:(

I have only called ASUS twice... and the first time I left a message I got the call back about 3 days later. Needless to say I already solved the issue myself.

Personally I love the look and quality of Asus boards.. dread having to use there Customer Support.

No-one from ASUS even looks at these forums. Had EVGA had a Z97 board for sale on newegg when I ordered my VII Hero I would have went with EVGA instead. I had a past P55 SLI mobo and it was great and tech support actually are active on the website.. AND they return your calls pronto.

The Great ASUS is a shadow of its former self which is quite pathetic considering the fact that they have ROG (Republic of Gamers) you would honestly expect them to have our backs more than any other company.

Unfortunately it isn't so.
Lian Li 011 Dynamic White Case
Intel Core i9 Coffee lake 9900K @ 5.1GHz
ASUS STRIX Z390-E LGA 1151
Corsair DDR4 Corsair Dominator 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CAS 18
EVGA nVidia RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA 10GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 PSU
1x 512GB SAMSUNG 860 PRO SSD
2x 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
1x WD BLACK 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (6.0Gb/s)

wow. It's a shame. I can remember the last gigabyte board i had I needed to call them for what i knew was a bios issue. They replicated my PC down to the memory, and within three days had a beta bios for me..... I am usually able to fix most issues myself but when it come to code I have no idea what i am doing.

If i get nowhere by Monday night with Asus I am going for the EVGA FTW X99 on sale & the Intel 8 core CPU as micro center has it on sale also for 200 bucks off. If the support is in that bad of shape, make us, the ROG owners a priority!
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.

Squall_Rinoa89
Level 8
Evga make some great Motherboards so I would say you wouldn't regret it. Just dont RMA it..

My cousin had to RMA his Micro p67 board 3 times.. one board got caught in a train derailment, second one came Doa, 3rd one exploded when I hooked it up. The LED display is what exploded.

There RMA on boards I wouldn't trust personally given how many issues I had with my cousins P67 Micro.
Lian Li 011 Dynamic White Case
Intel Core i9 Coffee lake 9900K @ 5.1GHz
ASUS STRIX Z390-E LGA 1151
Corsair DDR4 Corsair Dominator 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CAS 18
EVGA nVidia RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA 10GB
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 PSU
1x 512GB SAMSUNG 860 PRO SSD
2x 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
1x WD BLACK 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA Hard Drive (6.0Gb/s)

digmeahole1
Level 10
OK I wanted to update this thread for anyone who reads this. I got a call this morning from a rep who apologized about the wait advising IN, where the call center is was hit with snow and about two thirds of the employees did not come in. He was actually knowledgeable but unable to resolve my question but is sending it to the engineering dept who will respond.... I will wait on there response and update from there. Maybe there is hope for there support dept......................Holding off on any change in hardware until they respond again...