cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AsusSetup error every time Windows Boots

rolldog
Level 9
For some reason, every time I boot into Windows 7 x64, after installing all the Asus Utilities, like AI Suite, I always get a few errors pop up whenever Windows is loading. The exact thing happened on my old MB, which was a Maximus VI Formula, but had the same utilities installed. In the very top of the Windows (along the border) it says AsusSetup. Inside the window is a big red circle with a white X in the middle, the usual Windows error icon, and it reads C:\Users\(username of PC followed by the number 1)\AppData\Local\Temp\112313Log.iniis lost. After I click OK, another window pops up but this one refers to 122215Log.iniis lost, then a 3rd windows with 031336Log.iniis lost, then a 4th window with 053149Log.iniis lost. Has anyone else had this issue? It never happened until I started installing the Asus software that came with the MB. Like I mentioned, I'm getting these errors on my new MB, but I was also getting them on my old MB. I've been clicking OK and going about my life, but after seeing this happen everyday for years, I've finally reached a point to ask.

Anyone experienced this, have any input, solutions, more questions?
8 REPLIES 8

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
Start in safe mode, then if you look around the stickies you'll find the remover for AI suite. I never had this issue so, to start in safe mode hit F9 during boot. Usually there is AI suite in the updates for the mother board, try that one.

rolldog
Level 9
Are you saying to remove the current AI Suite using Safe Mode, and afterwards, reinstall it but do so using only the latest update downloaded from the Asus website?

rolldog
Level 9
I've tried removing it, I've tried the Cleaner, I've tried it in Safe Mode and not in Safe Mode, I've tried doing this every possible way, but when it boots, I still get 4 error messages. So frustrating. Reminds me of when no one could update AI Suite unless you manually killed a task. Why does everything have to be so difficult?

Nate152
Hello rolldog

Have you installed the Intel management engine interface driver?

If not I would recommend to reinstall windows and install the drivers in this order.

1) Chipset driver

2) Intel management engine interface driver

3) Asmedia drivers if you need them

4) usb 3.0 driver

5) Graphics driver

6) All recommended/important windows updates

7) Your asus utilities

rolldog
Level 9
The errors are referring to a file that it's looking for in my local data directory, which is a hidden directory. I guess there no way to remove this from trying to load when I start up my PC? I can do as you recommend, but installing the Windows on my Samsung XP941 M.2 PCIe SSD was a pain in the butt, and I'm not sure if I'm going to have to go through that entire process when I reinstall Windows or not. Would I need to remove the partition, boot from a UEFI flashdrive, recreate the partition, and then install Windows from an iso file or can I just boot from a Windows disk and will it then let me reinstall it onto this drive? The 4 error I get during boot are very annoying, but if I have to repeat the process that I had to do initially in order to use this XP941 as my boot drive, I'd rather deal with the errors.

When I initially set everything up, once Windows was loaded, I used the disk that came with my X99 Deluxe and selected to install all. When it was complete, I went to the Asus website and downloaded any software that was newer than came on the disk. If I recall correctly, the errors didn't start until I upgraded AI Suite III.

One other question, not related to this problem, but still pertains to the Asus software, using the Homecloud, 2 versions are installed on my system. Is this how it's supposed to be or am I only supposed to install the Homecloud server on this PC? A window pops up after booting asking for my Asus username and password, but when I enter it, it tells me the account is already in use. I don't think it's setup properly.

rolldog
Level 9
Me neither. It installed along with the other software on the Asus disk that came with the MB, and I haven't really had time to look at what it does or what the features are. I'll give it a shot reinstalling Windows.

Flegma
Level 10
Just start Task Scheduler and delete Asus Setup task. This is because you have removed DVD installation media from drive prematurely. Another time wait setup to finish.
Just in case restart twice to be shore. One when program asks to reboot and other time 5 minutes after Windows boot.
i5 4670K (no OC) on Sabertooth Z87, Asus GTX760 DC2OC, Corsair Vengeance 8GB @XMP 1600, Cooler Master M2 720W - Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler
WD Blue 1TB (EZEX), WD Green 2TB (EARX)