cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on Upgrading G74SX Asus for Graphics Card in Singapore

RobinJack
Level 7
hi everyone, I need advice on where can i upgrade my Asus Laptop G74SX to the latest graphics card in the market in Singapore. Anyone knows can kindly sms to 98323151 as I seldom log on into this forum thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

C4RN1
Level 9
Sorry the G74SX graphics are integrated on the board.

It would be best to upgrade to a newer machine. Research the new machine before you buy it, Asus laptops are pretty picky with GPU upgrades.

C4RN1 wrote:
Sorry the G74SX graphics are integrated on the board.

It would be best to upgrade to a newer machine. Research the new machine before you buy it, Asus laptops are pretty picky with GPU upgrades.

oh my god cannot upgrade my graphics card?

RobinJack
Level 7
I am playing Age of Wushu with G74SX Currently and I lag even with minimum graphics, my Graphics Card GTX560M is out dated? any ways to increase its performance?

C4RN1
Level 9
If I were you I would upgrade to an SSD and reload windows. Only use the Nvidia graphics drivers from their site and see if your gaming experience improves. Also check to see how hot the gpu is getting. HWinfo64 will help you determine if you need to clean your computer or reapply thermal compound.

In the end you can easily upgrade the processor or the ram as well. Though I can tell you an SSD will be your best performance increase for the price.

Also you should look into using throttlestop.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3322-Sandybridge-Throttle-Issue-and-Workaround

You can download the latest version here

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2288/throttlestop-6-00/

BTW these are the system requirements for that game. The G74 should be able to easily run it.

System Requirements
Minimum
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4Ghz or equivalent
RAM: 1GB
Graphics card: GeForce6600 or equivalent
Video memory: 128MB
Broadband: 1Mb
Hard disc: 10GB
Recommended
CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E6 series or equivalent
RAM: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce9600GT or equivalent
Video memory: 512MB
Broadband: 2Mb
Hard disc: 10GB

Teramungus
Level 7
RobinJack wrote:
hi everyone, I need advice on where can i upgrade my Asus Laptop G74SX to the latest graphics card in the market in Singapore. Anyone knows can kindly sms to 98323151 as I seldom log on into this forum thanks.

Check this out! I added an external desktop GPU to my G74SX laptop via the mPCIexpress slot where the Atheros WIFI card was plugged into.