cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Audio in my Samsung TV, when connected my G751JT to the TV with HDMI

reachrabi
Level 7
When I connected my Samsung LED TV to my new G751JT-CH71 notebook as a extended monitor I see the Video but there is no Audio playing in my TV rather the audio is playing in my notebook. When I go to Manage Audio Devices utility and set 'SAMSUNG-8 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio Ready)' as the default device for audio playback, then the audio starts playing in the TV instead of the notebook. Where as the problem is, I have to revert the setting manually back to set 'Spekers (Realtek High Definition Audio)' as the default device for audio playback when I'm not using HDMI.

So far my experience with other laptop connections to my TV via HDMI was different. The audio was automatically switching between my TV and Laptop, when I was connecting and disconnecting the HDMI cable.

Is there a way to make this G751JT-CH71 notebook switch the Audio automatically between TV and Notebook?

3 REPLIES 3

joshindaphils
Level 11
I use an external TV from time to time for gaming (3D TV Play FTW!) and can confirm that what you are experiencing is not the same behavior. Once I set the TV as the default it is only the default when it is plugged in and reverts back to the old default (Speakers) when unpluged. Mine is a JY, but I don't think that *should* matter.

Can you provide a screencap of when the TV is unplugged and your speakers are not the default audio device?

What version of nVidia drivers are you using / same with your realtek drivers?

Thanks Joshindaphils! Based on your response I tried again and observed that, it's taking 15 to 20 seconds for the Audio to play back in my Notebook after I unplug the cable. Before my post on the issue I did not wait for that long, so thought there is some issue with either NVIDIA/Realtek audio drivers.

By the way, below are the driver versions installed in my Notebook:
- NVIDIA: 347.88
- Realtek: 6.0.1.7432

Do you also observe the similar lag of 15 to 20 seconds?

joshindaphils
Level 11
Can't say I've noticed that behavior as I haven't been gaming on the TV so much, just been too damn busy, anyhow I typically just fold it up when I am done and move it back upstairs... so I wouldn't of noticed even if it is happening. If I can remember the next time I do hook it up to the TV I'll play some music or something in the background when I disconnect and follow up here... no promises though.