cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Tint of Death!! Colour issues with G750JX

TrainR76
Level 7
Hi I'm a bit new to this!
Short version: How do I get rid of the blue tint in my G750jx?
Current OS: Windows 8.1

Longer version: I have had the G750JX for about a year and a bit (outside warranty unfortunately) and since an update a day or two ago I have a bluish tint problem. I have always had the tint appear just before putting in my password then it disappears and becomes normal. However now it won't go away. I tried to uninstall then reinstall Splendid but it is having problems finishing the install. I talked to ASUS over the phone (he tried installing an old Nvidia driver, about 337.something) and he said it was a hardware problem. However I feel it probably isn't. Any solutions/ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Hopefully this is the right forum!

TrainR76
4 REPLIES 4

Nahrga
Level 10
Have you tried to hold down the Fn key and press C? (fn + C)
There is a small S logo on it as it should change the Splendid settings, I believe.

Hope this helps 🙂

I will add, thank you for the idea! If I were only not so daft as to remove splendid 😛

TrainR76
Level 7
A good idea, but I had looked at a couple of programs which said splendid isn't necessary and is worth removing, so I did. Part of the problem I'm facing is reinstalling it!

TrainR76
Level 7
Update: someone suggested ruling out the graphics card by plugging it into another screen. I plugged it into TV and it looks great again!
When I try and install Splendid again, it says "There is a program with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"
Again, any insight would be fantastic!

Update Update:
I talked to someone at ASUS who recommended I restore to the last Windows system update (before I uninstalled Splendid) and that has since fixed the issue. Whether it is because of Splendid being re-installed or removing the last update I am not sure!!