cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboard and discrete graphics together.

mrbrunsonsr
Level 7
Hi. I just got the G20AJ model and I want to know if I am supposed to hook my monitor up to both hdmi connections on the back of the computer (the one for the intel onboard graphics and the Nvidia 760) I read somewhere that both work together to put one or the other to sleep while the other takes over to save power and reduce noise? Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

adamsyes
Level 8
You only need to attach one HDMI via the motherboard PCI, if you want to have the eco energy mode to work properly of course. If not, you can use the graphic card instead.

FYI, to make Eco energy mode work properly, make sure go to BIOS, I believe under Device > On-board something > you will see Eco energy mode, turn that on and it should do the trick. Make sure VirtuWatt is installed as well.

Btw, can you send me those wallpapers ? 😜 I will send you my email via private message, from there you can send them to me.

adamsyes wrote:
You only need to attach one HDMI via the motherboard PCI, if you want to have the eco energy mode to work properly of course. If not, you can use the graphic card instead.

FYI, to make Eco energy mode work properly, make sure go to BIOS, I believe under Device > On-board something > you will see Eco energy mode, turn that on and it should do the trick. Make sure VirtuWatt is installed as well.

Btw, can you send me those wallpapers ? 😜 I will send you my email via private message, from there you can send them to me.

If I plug the HDMI just into the intel hd graphics port, what happens when I want to game> how will the gtx 760 be used if theres no HDMI plugged into it?

mrbrunsonsr wrote:
If I plug the HDMI just into the intel hd graphics port, what happens when I want to game> how will the gtx 760 be used if theres no HDMI plugged into it?

Virtu watt takes care of that role. It will use the cpu as a transition to gpu visualization usage. VirtuWatt will automatically and seamlessly power-off discrete GPU when not required, and power-on again when needed. This dramatically minimizes power draw, maximizes system life and reduces noise levels. When you open virtu watt, there will be a tab with all games listed (if your game isn't there, you can just click on add the exe), from there you can choose what game will be running on