cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's with the high failure rate on these monitors ?

Dicehunter
Level 10
Like many many others who have had defective Swifts after 7 days of gaming bliss mine today has developed a dead pixel and some stuck pixels too.

I'm getting it exchanged for a new one, But a question to Asus.

You charge a metric butt ton for this monitor yet most of them develop problems, Why ?

This shouldn't be happening with products in this price range.

2 REPLIES 2

PullTheTricker
Level 7
My personal impressions is that the Swift is very feature packed, so much so that it attempts to overdrive its normal panel limitations wich then compromises its reliability. Its probably the first TN panel that supports an 8 bit colour scheme, and apparently its actually a 120Hz screen, but overclocked to 144Hz. No wonder people complain about visual artifacts, no surprise really. Might as well buy a korean IPS and overclock myself.

PullTheTricker wrote:
My personal impressions is that the Swift is very feature packed, so much so that it attempts to overdrive its normal panel limitations wich then compromises its reliability. Its probably the first TN panel that supports an 8 bit colour scheme, and apparently its actually a 120Hz screen, but overclocked to 144Hz. No wonder people complain about visual artifacts, no surprise really. Might as well buy a korean IPS and overclock myself.

It would be nice to actually get a response from someone at Asus.

I've never seen a less involved company in my life.