cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 sound through S/PDIF of G750JZ

Vardan
Level 7
Hi, Gents.

I'm trying to get 5.1 surround sound through the S/PDIF of my laptop G750JZ, using Toslink cable and Logitech Z906 audio system.
I tried a lot of variants in laptop's software adjustments, but nowhere found how to activate 5.1, so the games and movies are transmited to receiver only in PCM (stereo) mode. I don't want buy external sound card.
Does any body knows, if G750JZ supports 5.1 through S/PDIF and how it activate?
1 REPLY 1

hmscott
Level 12
Vardan wrote:
Hi, Gents.
I'm trying to get 5.1 surround sound through the S/PDIF of my laptop G750JZ, using Toslink cable and Logitech Z906 audio system.
I tried a lot of variants in laptop's software adjustments, but nowhere found how to activate 5.1, so the games and movies are transmited to receiver only in PCM (stereo) mode. I don't want buy external sound card.
Does any body knows, if G750JZ supports 5.1 through S/PDIF and how it activate?

Vardan, I don't think it does support 5.1, mine always shows only Stereo. There is an option to encode Surround Sound to Stereo - Called Headphone Virtualization, for the Analog port

You could right click on the Toslink/Digital port while connected / active - I don't have it here right now - and see what option there is. Perhaps the Virtualization option will be enough?