cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage 4 Black Edition, fan control

n0rthr0n
Level 7
Hi all, I've got a fresh build as of last Friday, and am having the dreaded Windows 7 nvlddmkm.sys/NVidia/DirectX11 conflict resulting in BSOD 116 and Bugcheck Code 278. I've been working though the issues, updated BIOS to the latest, the Beta 080, and noticed that I can't seem to do a thing to change fan speeds. I'm running everything default, minus Wifi and bluetooth disabled, and the Opt fans set at duty and 80%. Not overclocked.

Specs, but I don't think you'll need them unless someone wants to take a stab at the BSOD.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, clean install, completely up to date minus .Net language packs
Two GTX 980 Hydro Coppers
Asus Rampage Black 4 Edition, BIOS up to date
Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.7GHz; Evercool N12011E-9525Ep cooling fan
Rosewill Fortress 750 PSU
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600x6, 1866x2
Crucial Micron M600 SATA3 SSDI (OS/prmary partition)/Mushkin MKNSSDRE1TB SATA III SSDI

Any thoughts? I'm feeling king of dumb, am sure it's something simple I've overlooked.
1 REPLY 1

GabrielKnight
Level 7
Does the Rampage 4 Black Edition support two different types of ram speed like your 1600MHz x 6 sticks and 2 x 1866MHz sticks? If it cant I would remove the two sticks of 1866, are you using the quad channel with the 6 sticks of 1600 and not a mix of the two - people correct me if I'm wrong. Try testing the ram with any good windows program or a bootable program like memtest 86+