cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bios MAXIMUS-VII-HERO-ASUS-2702

Margus
Level 7
To me seems more responsive and everything works fine.

But yeah what fixed is mysterious like always support new cpus.
11 REPLIES 11

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Well thank you for the heads up on the new bios. I checked the other day and didn't see anything new and this one says it was released on 4/27 making it a month old. I flashed to it and so far I don't see anything wrong with it.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Puffnstuff
Level 10
When you guys ran the 2401 and 2601 bios did you have any strange behavior from your ethernet adapter as in stuttering with throughput? This 2702 is very smooth when online and my streams seem more stable.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Puffnstuff wrote:
When you guys ran the 2401 and 2601 bios did you have any strange behavior from your ethernet adapter as in stuttering with throughput? This 2702 is very smooth when online and my streams seem more stable.

That update gave me such a hard time. I ended up resetting and uninstalling windows just to learn the BIOS is what messed up the ethernet. I'm hesitant to update BIOS unless its absolutely needed

Margus
Level 7
I had lan stuttering in previous times i use in summer wifi because i not want to lose pc due lighting strike last year i lost pc because its came from
phoneline killed router iptv digibox and mobo might i test how lan works now.

Earnest_Bunbury
Level 7
Working good for me.

BC_ROG
Level 7
ok, i should give a try.

dks01
Level 7
Gives Broadwell CPU support. No other discernable differences.

jbravo85
Level 7
Hello Asus users:

Any of you have RAID? They have no idea if the RAID generated is lost when you update the bios?

yea i lost member also wasent there anything important i trought its was not new bios related. Asus test new bios many weeks before they release it
Over 7 years use of asus mobos i saw that first time with asus mobo that bios update screw raid member.