cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V Formula-Z, RAID 0, Samsung... dear lord -.-

Sorimachi
Level 7
I have looked at several different posts, but I cannot find a solution yet...

Crosshair V Formula-Z
2 - Samsung 840 EVO (500 GB) (SSD)

SSD are installed in ports AMD 1 and 2
Optical Drive is in AMD Port 5

I changed the BIOS settings to RAID for port 1-4 and I tried both RAID and IDE for 5-6 (no ACH-- whatever option)
ctrl+F, set up the RAID... "999 GB" "Functional"

Attempt to install Windows 7 64: no drivers found.
Tried the RAID drivers from Asus support
Tried the RAID drivers from the formula-z install disk

I've been messing with this thing for a couple hours now. I'm gonna take a nap.

Thank you for helping.
3 REPLIES 3

hax0rmort
Level 11
i didn't see a question in your post. are you needing help locating a appropriate raid driver for windows 7 x64?
-hax0rmort

MOBO - ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU - AMD FX-9370
RAM - AMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2400 MHz
SSD1 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB // Boot
SSD2 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB // Game
GPU1 - ASUS Radeon R9 290X
GPU2 - ASUS Radeon R9 290X
COOLER - Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler
PSU - Corsair RM Series 1000W Gold PSU
AUDIO - Creative Sound Blaster Z
CASE - NZXT H440 Red/Black
KEYBOARD - Corsair K95 RGB
MOUSE - SteelSeries Sensei
HEADSET - Logitech G430

[I want to install an SSD in my computer g551jm 500GB SSD
??? HELP PLEASE

TheNerdBench
Level 10
Try this...

I am in the process now of installing Windows 32-Bit on a CHFV motherboard, follow the process below:

First from the Asus website download the AHCI/RAID drivers to USB Flash Drive formatted in NTFS. Next extract the the compressed file using J-zip or some utility that is able to extract a ZIP file. Besure that you extract these files to the USB Flash Drive. I believe that both X86 and x64 folders contain three drivers if your computer is configure to display files of all types. Once you have completed this task move on to the steps below...

NOTE: I will assume that both the AMD as ASMedia Controllers are set for AHCI operation, if not complete that task now in the BIOS before starting

1) Turn the switch on the PSU to the 0/Off position
2) connect both the data and power cables to the SSDs to SATA Ports 1,2,3 or 4: NOTE: DO NOT CONNECT THE SSDs to SATA Ports 5 or 6
3) connect both the data and power cable to your DVD Drive, connect the DVD Drive to SATA Ports 5 or 6 (do not connect to 1,2,3 or 4)
4) power-up your system and access the BIOS and verify the following under the SATA Menu
a) your SSDs have been detected on SATA Ports 1,2,3 or 4
b) your DVD drive has been detected on SATA Port 5 or 6
5) configure the following settings in the BIOS (a&b are under SATA Configuration > SB SATA Configuration)
a) configure the SATA Port 1 to 4 for RAID operation
b) configure the SATA Port 5 to 6 for IDE operation (which sucks performance wise)
c) under the BOOT Menu find the Option ROM Messages and set for Force BIOS
6) during the POST press the CONTROL F key to access the RAID BIOS, follow the directions in the manual to create a RAID-1 volume
7) reboot with the Windows 7 media in the DVD drive; eventually the installer will complain about no storage device
😎 next insert the USB Flash Drive into a USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0) port then click on the button to select new drivers
9) browse to the correct folder and click on the button to install the driver
10) you should now be able to install to your new RAID-1 volume! Have fun!

[/HR]
For trouble-shooting tips see my blog at:

[/HR]
http://thenerdbench.blogspot.com/p/bench-testing.html

[/HR]
MB: Crosshair V Formula-Z • CPU: FX-8350 • GPU: Asus Matrix R9 280x • RAM: 8GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (1866)• PSU: Thermaltake DPS Thoughpower 750 Watt • CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced • Keyboard: TT Sports Challanger Ultimate • Mouse: TT Sports Black Element • Case: Thermaltake GT Level 10

[/HR]