cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Pixel

FitnessRegiment
Level 7
I just noticed a dead pixel, no idea when it happened, I've never even moved my laptop from my desk, it's really tiny but now that I can see it it really bugs me.

Anything I can do?
4 REPLIES 4

ReeveJ
Level 7
If it's a dead pixel, not really. If it's a hot pixel, you could try running JD Pixel Fixer in your web browser for an hour. Otherwise you might try softly massaging it out with a warm, damp cloth. Basically you need to gently apply pressure over the pixel with your finger. Just be careful not to damage the screen (which would be worse than a hot pixel).

I myself have a hot (red) pixel that hasn't come unstuck by any method. If this happens, your best bet is to try and ignore it - even if you could RMA for this, you probably wouldn't want to. Luckily its at the edge of my screen.

FitnessRegiment
Level 7
Mines in the middle, it's never noticeable unless over a black background so I guess it's ok.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Typically the warranty will cover a single pixel as long as it's in the center of the screen. If you want it dealt with and you're still covered, contact Asus support - if you're willing to part with the laptop for awhile.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

ROGTWAT
Level 7
Asus warranty does not cover a single dead pixel (At least not in Germany) but you can try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjdrMuKpaCI

Worked on my old laptop like a charm.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10