cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I water cooled My Asus GTX580 Matrix Platinum, Pics.

aicsie
Level 7
I gave it a shot and now i can run the GPU at max with out the cyclone fans at max.

It is quiet.
parts included.
Rasa XSPC GPU
EK 2.2 pump
a hand full of 3/8" alphacool and Phobya fittings
Phobya 240 60mm Rad.
4 Yate loon cheap "o" fans on rad.

I used the Thermaltake V5 Case for the straight Nine 5/14 drive bays at the front to ensure a vertical Rad mount. Plus it has a nifty Handle on top and the top of the case screws off rather than rivets. There is no Res just a bleed hose off the pump.

If you like the photos i could supply Spec of OC with temps..

Rest of computer.

ASUS ROG Masximus Gene-Z68 + <2600K>

There is a OCZ 60 sata3 Vertex drive that is running win7 64 with a couple of the games. (disable hibernate you got lots of room..)

16gb of the G-skill sniper 1.5v ram in the dimms.

silverstone 750W 80%+

not much else

you can see the Noctura NH-C14 i have replaced the stock fans with a couple 140 phobya for simple aesthetics.

I have heard of others who brainstormed for hours/days to find a way to keep the Fans intact on the PCB of the MatrixP. You really cant leave the fans out of the picture, the double Vreg/safety really do need to be given a nice blow job with a dedicated fan to keep the PCB from spontaneously com busting (but its fine at the lowest stock setting of 20% with the GPU Water cooled).

What i did was uncoil a primochill hose coil spring , the ones for keeping your hoses from kinking..it was coated in plastic durable and malleable so i bound the fan cage to the Water block with it.. with a close look at the pics you can see it is very seamless and almost unnoticeable.

im not a camera man so i hope these photos do the rig justice . it is nice to look at in low light.

I am probably going to swap out the Noc and move it to a new project. I could replace it with this phobya CPU heatsink and finish it off with the phobya ram sinks; it might look neato. ROG
7 REPLIES 7

RonanC
Level 10
awesome work dude,

post up your oc results 😄

right on aicsie!
glad to see those fitting work out,
that style was what i had in mind for when i get all my parts together =D
†he RoG Hell Spawn | GPU/ 2 x Matrix Platinum 580 GTX in SLI | MoBo/ Maximus IV Extreme-Z | CPU/ i7 2600k (Cooled by Corsair H60) | Case/ SilverStone FT-02 | Memory/ 16GB of Corsair Vengeance | PSU/ SilverStone 1200-G | OS/ Win7Ult | OS SSD's/ 2 x Corsair 60GB Force GT in RAID 0 | Game Storage/ 2 x WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD in RAID 0 | Media Storage/ 2TB WD HDD | Main Storage/ 256GB SSD | Sound Card/ Creative SB X-Fi Ti with Front Drive | Misc/ Sound Activated Lighting | ....well i'll be damned 😛

How well did the waterblock fit on the matrix card? just bolt on or did you have to modify it in any way?
Rampage III Extreme | i7 930 @ 4GHz | EK HF Copper | GTX 580 MATRIX PLATINUM SLI | 6GB 1,6GHz DHX+ RAM | Corsair 800D | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250w | ASUS VW246H Nvidia surround

cravinmild
Level 11
How do you manage to keep the frame for the shroud, i cant see how it connects back to the card as it was retained to the heatsink before. Looks very nice, good job. Shame about lossing the Matrix logo on the front but form over function right lol

So the all important questions now...... how does it overclock, max voltage and idle and load temps pleasssse.

What is the rough cost for all the hardware?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

cravinmild
Level 11
Strap a H70 to it will cost $50 and some zipstraps for a few cents more. Cheapest water cooling you can get.

glenn_with_2_n_
Level 7
zipties ftw! =P
†he RoG Hell Spawn | GPU/ 2 x Matrix Platinum 580 GTX in SLI | MoBo/ Maximus IV Extreme-Z | CPU/ i7 2600k (Cooled by Corsair H60) | Case/ SilverStone FT-02 | Memory/ 16GB of Corsair Vengeance | PSU/ SilverStone 1200-G | OS/ Win7Ult | OS SSD's/ 2 x Corsair 60GB Force GT in RAID 0 | Game Storage/ 2 x WD 1TB 7200rpm HDD in RAID 0 | Media Storage/ 2TB WD HDD | Main Storage/ 256GB SSD | Sound Card/ Creative SB X-Fi Ti with Front Drive | Misc/ Sound Activated Lighting | ....well i'll be damned 😛