cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751 and G-Sync

brunonavarro
Level 7
It is not clear for me, all current G751 models with 970m and 980m received gsync or Asus will release a new g751 with G-Sync?

I'm sorry for this noob question, but I haven't found it anywhere.

Thanks!
15 REPLIES 15

ROGTWAT
Level 7
None of the "old" ones will officially get it because nVidia is a beech but hey, gotta look forward to your next laptop, right?
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

werty0822
Level 7
But the problem i already update driver for g−sync but they said you need to update your bios 207.....for me little bit risky bcoz it might get brick i order from amazon if will have problem i will send again from and it will be pain in ass...

Hi all,

one question to this:

How can I find out, if I have an old G751JT? I bought it in November 2014.

cheers

steve

beststevie wrote:
Hi all,

one question to this:

How can I find out, if I have an old G751JT? I bought it in November 2014.

cheers

steve

Hey Steve,

that's an old one. New ones will be sold like from now on.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

ROGTWAT wrote:
Hey Steve,

that's an old one. New ones will be sold like from now on.

I still don't get it, I'll buy a G751JT soon, will it come with G-Sync? Should I take any care, look for something when buying? There are still models for sales without gsync?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Please see the link below for G-SYNC enabled models.

http://www.asus.com/us/site/g-series/G751/

Praz wrote:
Hello

Please see the link below for G-SYNC enabled models.

http://www.asus.com/us/site/g-series/G751/

Dear Praz,

what about us? mine for example buying this unit G751jt on end of May.. so are my unit meant to be this way stuck without g-sync?? the unit plus its ips screen is capable enough to run this g-sync but it seem like asus doesn't even bother for their fan, not to mention we are talking about premium gaming laptop, not just some cheap useless laptop.. please explain technically why does the old version of asus g751 jt and jy variant could not run it.
you are happily recommended others to buy the product, at least asus owe us proper explanation on technicality issue why g sync is not available for rog g751s.

kaiserfalco wrote:
Dear Praz,

what about us? mine for example buying this unit G751jt on end of May.. so are my unit meant to be this way stuck without g-sync?? the unit plus its ips screen is capable enough to run this g-sync but it seem like asus doesn't even bother for their fan, not to mention we are talking about premium gaming laptop, not just some cheap useless laptop.. please explain technically why does the old version of asus g751 jt and jy variant could not run it.
you are happily recommended others to buy the product, at least asus owe us proper explanation on technicality issue why g sync is not available for rog g751s.

The problem is not ASUS (unless they won't even accommodate paid upgrades eventually, in that case they clearly don't care about existing owners), but NVIDIA. NVIDIA charges a fairly high ($100?) licensing fee to enable G-SYNC. That's a HUGE cost for ASUS to take on to add the feature to older models. It's like expecting them to give you a free 64GB memory upgrade because newer models are coming with that much.

Zombievac wrote:
The problem is not ASUS (unless they won't even accommodate paid upgrades eventually, in that case they clearly don't care about existing owners), but NVIDIA. NVIDIA charges a fairly high ($100?) licensing fee to enable G-SYNC. That's a HUGE cost for ASUS to take on to add the feature to older models. It's like expecting them to give you a free 64GB memory upgrade because newer models are coming with that much.

Cannot agree with that, that's simple **** you're talking.
G-SYNC is software based for us, our G751JY/JT can handle it, everything is fine as everyone knows, and as you mentioned NVIDIA wants license fee, and I cannot approve with ASUS giving us it for free. ASUS have 2 options:

- GIVE US EXISTING OWNERS G-SYNC FOR FREE
- DON'T GIVE US G-SYNC AT ALL(PROBABLY LOSE 75+% OF EXISTING OWNERS AS CLIENTS IN THE FUTURE[COUNT ME IN])
- SOMEHOW ALLOW TO UPGRADE TO G-SYNC(PAY YOUR LICENSE FEE)

Let me tell you one thing, option 2 is the worst one for ASUS.

OPTION 1:Even if they had to pay for every existing G751 fee to NVIDIA they will receive this money back in couple of years time. Why? Because existing owners WILL APPRECIATE what they would do, and stay with ASUS stuff. That's a perfect guide how to keep your clients for yourself.

OPTION 2: Asus loses 75%+ of current G751 owners as future clients.
Math: You have let's assume 50k of current G751 owners, they paid 2000$ea It's 100,000,000 = 100mln$
Paying G-SYNC fee for 50k of current owners would be 100~~$ ea = 5mln
Let's assume ASUS paid for current owners. So instead of 100mln they made 95mln. In the future 40k are buying new models again, because they know they can count on ASUS, and they're good company. And they make another 80 mln.
95mln+80mln= 175 mln

Let's assume they didn't paid G-SYNC fee for existing owners. So they made 100mln, and out of 50k of current owners only 10k would buy their next models/products. So it's 20mln. Congratulations, It's now
100mln+20mln=120mln it may be even less, because current G751 owners would turn off on ALL ASUS products.

OPTION 3: That would be the best option, and most FAIR for all, but it's simply not possible...
(I guess it's not possible...I would pay for G-SYNC...)

What ASUS doing right now is not right, avoiding contacting us is not solution to this problem... For me picking up optinon 2 is like shooting yourself in the knee.