cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW powered on using TurboBoost key?

LoopInEXUS
Level 7
Hi, I wondering if this issues occur to anyone. When I tried to press the turbo boost button/power4gear button my G73SW powered up and flash a rainbow Asus LOGO after that restart and boot back to normal, is this normal? Yeah, please try and boot your g73sw using the turboboost hotkey not the "Power" button and thanks..
2 REPLIES 2

dstrakele
Level 14
On the G74SX, starting the laptop with the ROG key boots you into Express Gate, a BIOS extension that allows a quick boot with limited functionality to browse, manipulate photos, play music, and engage in social networking. Once in Express Gate, one of the optiions is to "Boot to OS". Is that was is happening in your case, or are you mistaking Express Gate for Windows?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele
Level 14
On the G74SX, starting the laptop with the ROG key boots you into Express Gate, a BIOS extension that allows a quick boot with limited functionality to browse, manipulate photos, play music, and engage in social networking. Once in Express Gate, one of the optiions is to "Boot to OS". Is that was is happening in your case, or are you mistaking Express Gate for Windows?

Your G73SW should have a hardcopy Express Gate manual included in the box.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT