cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY - 2months with me, 4 month in service.

rodney4555
Level 7
Is support for other countries really that bad?

1st time I sent my laptop was as soon as it arrived in my country, laptop doesn't work, they had to change the motherboard
at a local asus service station. This took almost 3months before I got my laptop back again.

Then as soon as I got my laptop back, tab key was broken. So sent it again to the service station, been there up to now for more than
a month. Hopefully asus improves its service in the Philippines, I had no problem with the service when I got my g73-SW back in 2011.

Loyal to Asus customer, please don't disappoint.:o
2 REPLIES 2

joshindaphils
Level 11
I'm in the Philippines as well. Asus service is actually why I got the g751 over the MSI g72.

I was actually leaning towards the MSI however you could only get the laptop serviced at the national repair center, all repairs must be done this way, this is true even when you bring the laptop back to a shop; they ship it off to the service center.

This is not the case with Asus. You can bring your laptop to any of these locatoins: http://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/Philippines. I've already used Gigahertz in Mega Mall for warranty service. I scheduled a time, walked in and they immediately began to service the unit, a couple hours later I was done and out the door! Really better server could not be expected. I even got a free repaste out of it.

To me it appears like you errored in sending the laptop off, in particular for the keyboard. If you could of worked with a local shop they might of been able to send for the part while you continued to use your otherwise working laptop. Once the part was received you could of then had the service done in a relatively short time. None of that would be standard operating procedure, and not all service shops are created equal. You may need to shop the service between them to find one that can work with you.

Also keep in mind the g751 is still grey market here (at least I've yet to see any available via a retailer) so some delays in obtaining parts is to be expected.

beststevie
Level 7
Hi there,

best wishes from Germany. It's not better here, too. Alltogether 6 weeks without laptop and finally they don't care about me.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60609-Getting-no-support-from-Asus

cheers

steve