cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G20AJ downgrade to Windows 7 Possible?

Nadles
Level 7
I have the G20AJ with 16GB of Ram. I noticed there isn't any Driver's for Windows 7 listed on Asus's Website anyway. Wanted to know if anyone has downgraded successfully, and if so, how. In particular what driver's worked and what didn't (I'm assuming Wifi, At least). Please let me know. I already know the deal with UEFI.

Thanks in advanced.
5 REPLIES 5

Nadles
Level 7
Bump

macxujian
Level 7
Yes.so easy
Nadles wrote:
I have the G20AJ with 16GB of Ram. I noticed there isn't any Driver's for Windows 7 listed on Asus's Website anyway. Wanted to know if anyone has downgraded successfully, and if so, how. In particular what driver's worked and what didn't (I'm assuming Wifi, At least). Please let me know. I already know the deal with UEFI.

Thanks in advanced.

macxujian wrote:
Yes.so easy

Really? Because, no one has done it as far as I know. BIOS isn't fully ACPI compliant, and you get 0x00005 error I believe it is. This is after enabling CSM, disabling secure boot, updating BIOS and disabling fast boot. Also, converting Windows 7 SP1 to UEFI and trying that was as well. Nothing has even gotten close to working. So if you have any real information which will actually be useful information other than, "Yes, so easy." It would be appreciated.

Ravenholme
Level 7
I'm personally looking forward to the free windows 10 update. I haven't seen the little indicator at the bottom yet 😕 (did all updates and optional ones too)

dpholiday1
Level 7
Found this spot for Win 7 Drivers (http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/asus/laptops-desktops/g20aj/210844), but have spent over two weeks trying to install Win 7 64 bit, past loading screen, without getting the blue screen! Local computer guy wants to charge $150 to try, and ASUS Support told me it was illegal to help me with bios settings. Might be my last ASUS computer, with that lack of support over the next 12 month! Also having issues with dual boot Linux, but that's a different story.