cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JYAS.208 (BIOS 208 Update EC FW) 30.06.2015

nice_lw
Level 7
So far so good ... (Installation went smoothly) :rolleyes:
What is "EC FW" any ideas ??? I know of short (Embedded Controller Firmware Resources) - but what benefit to us ???

Regards Lukasz
9 REPLIES 9

Boxis
Level 7
G751JT

BIOS 208
Support G-sync function for CPU i7-4850HQ, i7-4750HQ

lol

NitroX
Level 10
nice.lw wrote:
So far so good ... (Installation went smoothly) :rolleyes:
What is "EC FW" any ideas ??? I know of short (Embedded Controller Firmware Resources) - but what benefit to us ???

Regards Lukasz

The Embedded Controller is the one responsible with the power management and some other stuff for our notebook. It is a table with many values where each one represents something for the notebook. I only know of a few values that show the curent fan speed, the cpu/gpu temperature and the battery capacity. The other values I don't really know what they mean but each one has a specific way of monitoring or controlling the features of the notebook.
So, all in all, an EC Firmware update is a good thing if they have made the right changes and haven't messed it up even more. By changing the EC they can also change the default fan profiles for the CPU/GPU and I'm still hoping that they'll change the damn fan profile for the CPU so people won't need NBFC to lower their temps.

ReDFoX2200
Level 7
Can someone that has a laptop with i7-4850HQ/i7-4750HQ that officially released without G-Sync confirms G-sync was enabled after bios update?

ReDFoX2200 wrote:
laptop with i7-4850HQ/i7-4750HQ

those g751jt configurations are not sold yet... are they?
maybe will ship with g-sync enabled only
like with previous bios, i think it won't enable g-sync on previous laptops....

Etienne91
Level 7
Absolutely no problem with 208

by the way how do you access the bios when you start your computer ? F2 ? ECHAP ?

Etienne91 wrote:

by the way how do you access the bios when you start your computer ? F2 ? ECHAP ?

You can't access BIOS from a cold boot, you have to use restart and then hit F2. At least that's how it does it on mine.
ASUS G751JY | i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M | 16GB RAM | M.2 SSD + HDD | WIN 10

Etienne91 wrote:

F2 will be working ONLY if you perform the full shutdown or soft reboot - as only this two options prevents the OS from Fast hybrid booting.
Fast UEFI BOOT after hybrid shutdown (the default W8.1 shutdown) = NOT POSSIBLE to enter BIOS.

Exaulted93
Level 7
I've had success getting into the bios from a cold boot two ways. Hold the left shift key while pressing power for Windows UEFI, or holding the delete key (not backspace) while pressing power. One of those should get you in there, good luck!

antoine52200
Level 8
On JT the only way to get to the bios is pressing ECHAP at boot or restart no difference there