cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX X-fi 2 - sounds nice but...

FireFlower
Level 9
The digital optical channel doesn't have Dolby Digital Live support. Only stereo 24bit 96KHz 😕

Damned realtek/Asus... why you not pay those licenses :mad: Also prepacked 5.1 sounds won't always passtrough with DTS to AV receiver for some reason. Some movies work ok, then you take 5.1 AC3 dts packed test file to test each channel it goes back to 2-channel...

Asus: Time to throw away the realtek cheap ass chips or demand for functionality? You can't even buy the DD live support from creative for this X-fi 2 😞
Romuluotain 9
Ryzen 3600, MSI B450M Mortar Max, 2x16GB DDR4, GTX 1080 Ti, ~10TB total storage (good bye ROG, for n...
Romuluotain 8
Dell XT3, Core i7-2620M, 2x4GB DDR3-1600MHz sodimm, 2TB SSD, Sierra wireless LTE, AX200 Wifi-6, Linux Mint
1 REPLY 1

DocLotus
Level 9
I hear you, but it is still MUCH better than the audio in my Gigabyte MB ever was.

I have set up RealTek HD Audio Manager Room Correction for both distance and balance. You may want to select the Speaker Configuration Speaker Fill check box as it adds Surround Sound when there is only 2-channel sound present like on many CD's.

I have set up the Sound Blaster Console Mixer for proper balance between my 5.1 speakers.

I have set up THX TruStudio Pro Settings all to the defaults. The difference with THX on or off is simply amazing on much music.

All of these are available on the Asus Crosshair V MB CD (but I would suggest going to the update site for the latest updates).

The difference with all of these items on or off has to be heard to be appreciated.

All-in-all I am VERY happy with the sound.

Cheers;
Doc
Retired... and Loving it :cool: