cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H100i GTX Cooler not showing up in M7F Bios...

Quixote
Level 7
H100i GTX Cooler not showing up in M7F Bios...

I have it plugged into the CPU Fan port, the four-pin one, and I have the Corsair USB link plugged in too, but the CPU fan doesn't register on the BIOS. It just says, "N/A," on the fan profile. However, the cooling unit itself seems to be working just fine. The temps are good.

This is a first-build. I haven't installed the OS yet.

Does anyone have any insight or experience with solving this issue?

THanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Quixote
Level 7
Does anyone know a solution for this? The CPU fan profile in the BIOS is still reading as "N/A".

I haven't built the system inside of the case yet, just outside to test.

I've installed Windows 8.1 successfully. I've also added Corsair Link. The H100i GTX is showing up in Corsair Link, but the fan speed is not registering on the readout. The gauge just sits and blinks red.

Thankfully, I am able to adjust the fan speed with the basic profiles of Corsair Link, however, such as Performance, and Quiet, etc.

However, what I'm really concerned about is that I can't see the CPU fan in the BIOS. Perhaps the reason I can't see the fan speed on the Corsair Link gauge is because it's not reading on the BIOS either?

FYI: Initially, I had the common "CPU Fan error" message that prevented me from getting past the BIOS unless I set the lower fan speed limit on "IGNORE". I have the rest of the settings in the BIOS for the CPU fan on Auto and Standard.

OK, I figured this out, finally.

Once I used the DVD Support disk and installed everything on it, the H100i GTX and its fan showed up in the Corsair Link and the Ai Suite.

So, for anyone who has had the same problem, that might be the solution. Just make sure all drivers and utilities are installed, but make sure you do a final restart before you look for the CPU fans and the cooler.

OK, I figured this out, finally.

Once I used the DVD Support disk and installed everything on it, the H100i GTX and its fan showed up in the Corsair Link and the Ai Suite.

So, for anyone who has had the same problem, that might be the solution. Just make sure all drivers and utilities are installed, but make sure you do a final restart before you look for the CPU fans and the cooler.

RhysLewis
Level 7
Hi , but you still cant see it in the BIOS right ? I have same issue ,

Ha. You know, honestly, I haven't even checked the BIOS since everything is showing up in AI and Corsair Link (Corsair link is hit-or-miss with its stability, so I don't pay much attention to it).

When I get home in an hour, I'll check the BIOS for the fans. I have the cooler on the CPU_FAN port, and the chassis fans on the various other fan ports around the motherboard. All are showing up in AI Suite.

RhysLewis wrote:
Hi , but you still cant see it in the BIOS right ? I have same issue ,

OK, I checked the BIOS, RhysLewis.

My fans all show up spinning in the BIOS. I have 4 total (5 if you count the CPU Cooler, but the two cooler fans attached to the radiator show up as one CPU fan in the BIOS, as you probably know). So, I have the 2 cooler fans acting as one CPU fan along with the pump, and then 3 chassis fans. I tuned the fans in both the BIOS and AI Suite. It all appears to be in working order.

That being said, let me point out that I am not using a fan hub in my case. All of the chassis fans are 3-pins and plugged into the board itself at the various Chassis Fan internal ports. That's why they are showing up individually in my BIOS. They are not plugged into the FAN_OPT port near the CPU_FAN port either. The three case fans (not counting the cooler) are plugged into the M7F's Chassis Fan ports.

I have a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case, which is a large case with the option to use a fan hub pre-installed in the back behind the motherboard. I had used that, but it required that I plug all of the fans into one port on the motherboard. Of course, that means that they don't all show up individually in the BIOS and AI Suite. At best, when plugged into the hub, all three show up as one single fan in the BIOS. I wanted to be able to control each fan individually, so I took them off the hub and unplugged it. I plugged them all into the board as mentioned earlier, and after that I had no problems. Well, I had to "tune" them in AI Suite and the BIOS first. After I did that, they all show up.

Snaptrap
Level 10
This is why I never use Corsair coolers. Bloated dysfunctional software. I received an H100i as a gift and all the software did was prevent my unused hard disks from sleeping and continuously access them for no reason.

Yeah, the software is terrible. Agreed. I like the cooler, but the software sucks eggs.