cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poseidon 980ti Release Date?

JmW408
Level 7
Does anyone know the exact release date for the Poseidon 980ti? I ordered the Strix but it's currently on back-order... Seems like I will only receive it sometime in September. If the Poseidon came out before then I will probably switch to Poseidon.

Thanks
CPU: i7-4770K
Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 32GB
Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60
PSU: Corsair HX 850
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
Case: NZXT Phantom 820
25 REPLIES 25

Chino wrote:
No exact date. ETA is this month.

Thanks! Is there a communication channel that would announce they are available on Newegg/Amazon right away, instead of having to search every hour?
CPU: i7-4770K
Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked ACX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 32GB
Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60
PSU: Corsair HX 850
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB
HHD: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
Case: NZXT Phantom 820

JmW408 wrote:
Thanks! Is there a communication channel that would announce they are available on Newegg/Amazon right away, instead of having to search every hour?

The usually post the PR on the main ROG frontpage. Or you can always find it around the different media websites. If I see it in store, I'll let you know. 😉

Jordi
Level 7
What do you guys think which one would be better... Strix on a EK waterblock or the rog poseidon?

Jordi wrote:
What do you guys think which one would be better... Strix on a EK waterblock or the rog poseidon?

Think the EK block wins over the poseidon.

White_Wind
Level 7
I too was waiting for the puppy to be announced, but then I discovered that the waterblock of the H2O system of the previous Poseidons was nickel-plated, and I don't want that.
So I think this time around it will be the same. I'd hope I'm wrong. No info about that anyone?

Jordi
Level 7
I'm looking at this card for my first wc build in sli....
Are there any downsides if this was nickel plated?
Also august is soon finishing, and still no release....
Do you think we've been mislead?

Jordi wrote:
Are there any downsides if this was nickel plated?

Actually it depends on the other materials used for your loop. If you have copper, brass and nickel mixed, I think you may be okay, but I'd still recommend some drops of anti-corrosive or a pre-mixed coolant with anti-corrosive already in it.
I'd also recommend Primoflex Advanced LRT tubing.
For my loop I wanted to play cautious and be safe, so from the start I decided to go with copper and brass only, and an anti-corrosive pre-mixed coolant and Primoflex Advanced LRT tubing.

Chino
Level 15