Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750jh - gpu problem after change thermal paste

vip_vooo
Level 7
Hi everyone. I've problem on my laptop asus g750 jh

problem description :
overheating temp cpu and gpu more than (90) i change thermal paste for cpu & gpu
and upgrade ram to 32gb 4x8gb g.skill 2133mhz 1.35v and update operating system to win 10
after i do that my laptop work good for two days with very low temp but suddenly my laptop stopped working with black screen and no power.
i disconnect the adapter and remove the battery for 10 minutes and back it again and switch it but i found this screen
nots: [ i used ic diamond ].
i back to windows 8 but i have same problem .
warranty will end after 25 days

print screen :

9 REPLIES 9

Homie22OC
Level 7
RMA it before warranty ends.. i have 5 dead pixels and estimated cost is $850 they told me ;/ and thats just 5 pixels.

code9523
Level 9
If you changed thermal compound by your self you can say goodbye to your warranty! On last photo it looks like you have a gpu chip issue so the graphic card need to be replaced!
Asus G74SX> Asus G55VW 3D> Asus G75VW 3D> Asus G750JW> Asus G750JX> Asus G750JH

code9523 wrote:
If you changed thermal compound by your self you can say goodbye to your warranty! On last photo it looks like you have a gpu chip issue so the graphic card need to be replaced!

yes i do that by my self 😞 . are you sure the warranty end i ask asus technical support in egypt about overheating temp cpu and gpu they say to me we don't support g750 series
after say that i changed thermal compound by my self . this unfair i bought my laptop from canada to egypt

vip.vooo wrote:
yes i do that by my self 😞 . are you sure the warranty end i ask asus technical support in egypt about overheating temp cpu and gpu they say to me we don't support g750 series
after say that i changed thermal compound by my self . this unfair i bought my laptop from canada to egypt

In most cases if you disassemble your laptop and change thermal compound you are out of warranty! Also there is a seal on cpu heatsink. You cant do much with it now. Also as there are a lot of unknown devices in system you could also damage a south bridge as they are linked to it.

code9523 wrote:
In most cases if you disassemble your laptop and change thermal compound you are out of warranty! Also there is a seal on cpu heatsink. You cant do much with it now. Also as there are a lot of unknown devices in system you could also damage a south bridge as they are linked to it.

can asus fix my laptop for money ???
about unknown devices in system they fix after install drivers . except gpu

I feel remorse for bought asus laptop
should be looking to msi or alienware or clevo they don't complicate everything like asus.

MaxCioco
Level 7
It depends on where you live. Here is no official asus support, but there are a couple companies that offer even more services than asus does, but to a price that is way too high ( compared to our incomes, to someone in germany/france/uk it's cheap).

You sure you applied the paste the right way and you didn't cause no static shock to the mb? Or maybe the socket is damaged. Anyway, your laptop needs some cold hard cash to come back to life.

As for msi I can tell you they do no better than asus ( at least here ). - other companies don't ship nor sell to my place.

MaxCioco wrote:
It depends on where you live. Here is no official asus support, but there are a couple companies that offer even more services than asus does, but to a price that is way too high ( compared to our incomes, to someone in germany/france/uk it's cheap).

You sure you applied the paste the right way and you didn't cause no static shock to the mb? Or maybe the socket is damaged. Anyway, your laptop needs some cold hard cash to come back to life.

As for msi I can tell you they do no better than asus ( at least here ). - other companies don't ship nor sell to my place.

yes i applied the paste by the right way and my laptop work very good with low temp 73 degree on full load 100% after two days happen this problem .
i only play games one day every week all days i work on video editor programs (After effects ) this programs use 35%- 45% from gpu and used full cpu and ram for that i upgraded ram

code9523
Level 9
I think they can but it will cost a lot of money!