cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G771JM - "Battery Plugged in, Not Charging" after Windows 10 Upgrade

heathb00
Level 7
I have had the "Battery Plugged In, Not Charging" problem since I upgraded to Windows 10. I have removed the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery from Device Manager. I have unplugged the AC charger, shut down the laptop, removed the battery, plugged the charger back in, rebooted. Removed the ACPI device and ACPI Fixed Feature Button, shut down, reinstalled the battery, rebooted, still wont charge. I am not sure what else to do. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Thanks.
15 REPLIES 15

Corporal
Level 9
What battery percentage are we talking about here? 95%-99% or less than 95%?

95% at the moment but has been going down. I have had this laptop since Jan and it has always either said Fully Charged or has not had a probelm recharging if I have used the battery. Again, this has only started after the upgrade to 10.

By the way, I am using Bios 203, I am not sure if there is a newer one, can't locate one on the support site.

Nevermind, I let the battery run down a bit, now its charging. Does Windows 10 have different battery management than 8 had?

heathb00 wrote:
Nevermind, I let the battery run down a bit, now its charging. Does Windows 10 have different battery management than 8 had?

The behavior is the same it is likely that you just didn't notice it before.

Edweird
Level 10
Yeah, I think you've missed it. Laptop EC software has been working like that since the days of Windows XP...
It's completely normal.

Edweird
Level 10
Yeah, I think you've missed it. Laptop EC software has been working like that since the days of Windows XP...
It's completely normal.

heathb00
Level 7
I have 6 other laptops in my house from 4 different manufacturers. They run Win XP, 7, and 8.1. I have gone to all of them, let the battery run down slightly, 96-97%. When I plug the power supply in, all say charging. Not something I missed. Thanks.

heathb00 wrote:
I have 6 other laptops in my house from 4 different manufacturers. They run Win XP, 7, and 8.1. I have gone to all of them, let the battery run down slightly, 96-97%. When I plug the power supply in, all say charging. Not something I missed. Thanks.

Just because the laptops you have on hand don't do it doesn't mean that it hasn't been a normal thing since the days of Windows XP. You "missed it" because you simply haven't owned one such laptop. 😄

No need to get angry.

In any case, this is the absolute standard now so you shouldn't worry. In fact, you should worry if your battery stays at 100% often. Mine hasn't hit 100%more than maybe...twice in the 9 months I've had it and the previous 2 ASUS, 2 MSI, 2 Acer and 1 HP laptops that belonged to either me or familiy, they pretty much never hit 100% since around the middle of 2004. Some HP and Dells ones that I've enountered during that time did have the battery reach 100% as a normal thing - but the technology and idea behind it has existed for quite a while.