cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB controller crashes ...

Nonny
Level 10
.. and the system is running fine !!! no joke !

Hello to all.

i am now 4 days trying to keep the system stable , i read here a lot i tryed all what i found , but the mashine works only
1 or 2 restarts then i get to the logon screen then after my password it keeps a black screen , i tryed all what i have read here everythig really
but sometimes only a system recover in save mode get back the system working then in the device manager i a device missing,

USB (Universal serial buss) Controller
PCI-Bus 0, Device 20, Function 0

but system works , i try to stop windows from installind this driver because i belive this is the reason my mashine dont boot up most of
the time but i dont see in the device manager what device it could be , all entrys looking well to me and like this once i realy have and need .

what i have tryed so fare :

- bios update - no help
- bios resett - hmm i belive not realy needet
- unplug all usb - same resould
- deactivate a xCA controler sorry i dont remember the name under usb config in bios - no idea this helped or not
- switched to bios 2 - same resold
- yelling to my nighbor next door - helped a lot , system still no way to boot but helped me
- 15 installations fresh win 7 ulti - temporary working ... 1 or 2 starts with everything on it , hubs and and and ...
- reset bios diconect from power - no changes
- keybord switched before tiping my password into logon , 3 times helped then nochting , new instrall / system recovery ...
- trying 2 other keybords 3 times worked then again system recover / fresh install ...
- playing marbels in the zoo with gorillas - still no way to boot normaly , but it made me in a better mood

well this i my worst experience with a custom made computer so fare , i am close to thru all out of the window here and my
rampage 4 black edition worked rock solid so i belived i would be even more happy with rampage 5 , but i tell you the true if i had read
this here all before i would have never ever for nothing in the world , changed my rampage 4 BE never ever it worked sooooo welll and now
this one here , 4 days trying to get a stable system , nothing , to tell you the true i have a cunsumer meeting over skype and a have FEAR
to turn off the mashine !!!!! is that realy ment this way , was this planed by asus like this , what happend here ?

specs :

Processor : i7 5960x
mainboard : something asus tryed to build and it didnt worked out so well
Memory : Corsair LPX Venagance 32 GB
Front base OC panel - Newest Bios flashed on this one
SSD Corsair neotron 256 GB
HDD SATA Samsung 2 TB
Tower: Coolermaster storm trooper
power : coolermaster 850 W
VGA: Asus GTX titan Black
sound : Creative Xi-fi titanium
Keyboard : Logitech g910
Mouse : Termal take level 10 mouse , 3D conexion space mouse pro (3d Working tool)
Tablett: Wacom inuos 5m pro
Mic: Blue mic snowball
Camera : Logitech 930e

What do i do now change the Mainboard or did i miss some other test ? What i did wrong ? each needed restart i need to call my Doctor
and take blood presure pills ... i am realy sad about this it was for my birthday 😞

Maybe someone can tell me what this USB conntroler is for and how to NOT install it and how i can get a system what not need to
reinstall or recover all 2 houers for installation another 3 houers ...

i build allways my PC now for years because i work in 3D architecture and done need for rendering a "standard" PC ... BUT this time i cant
get to work stable with the mashine , the boot failures making it impossible to trust this mashine , no way to work like this.

oh and no ! i didnt overclook anything so fare , because it never worked stable , ok ok WHEN its booting up to the end then its running well
BUT never ever reboot or shut down the mashine this could be it for not working at all anymore .

Ok i give up on this one now , no ideas anymore , ... please maybe there is another trick to help me ...

oh ! YES i did check Memore voltage , my once are in 1,2 and NO i have no XMP activated nothing ...

i belive this is enougth crying from me for today , now the mashine is working but windows tells me i have to no a restart :-(((( NO o wont
do it -FEAR-

So please anyone maybe has an idea what is this USB and how to not install it ...

and what else i can do for not beeing sad about my birthday gift i made to myself 😉

Thanks for reading all of this , and yes that helped me too 😄

with friendly greetings

Nonny
11 REPLIES 11

Chino
Level 15
Disconnect your system from the internet. Then do a fresh Windows installation. When you're done, disable Automatic Updates. That should stop Windows from updating the USB driver.

Good morning Chino ! 🙂

first sorry for my before comment , i was realy a little disapointed about this all !
2. this morning just started my mashine like a real computer should do 🙂

Chino , great idea i must say , one more question , i had in my list of updates an entry _

- Intel other hardware

, i do not remember was it optional or under important , but could this be THIS is the driver what will be updated ?

i found in the divice manager yesterday an entry :

Der Prozess zum Installieren von Treiber NULL Driver für Geräteinstanz-ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D31&SUBSYS_86001043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&A0 wurde mit folgendem Status beendet: 0xe0000203.

maybe this is the one what causes all the trouble , some googeling told me this should be the 3.0 eXtensible-Hostcontroller Device ID , is that correct so this is the one what keeps my mashine from starting
?

yesterday i "deactivated" the USB controler in my device mananger and there is is still visible but Windows update tells me i have 189 updates more
i have no idea i should try them or better not ...

ok i need to work now i will keep watching this and hope it stays stable now , so fare the mashine is working well it boots ups today without trouble.

will be there one day maybe a fix for this , like a new bios or something ?

Or could this be that Asus made here something wrong with some chips there build in ?

anyway thanks for help Chino , i will see how its working now , any reboot or new start makes me very nervios 😕

Thanks again and

With friendly greetings

Nonny

creative is very picky on irq, remove creative card and remove driver from creative and try again

Hello onnovampire,

thanks for this idea , to tell you the truth i was thinking about this too , could this be a prolem ?
for the moment the sound card is running well not problems in the moment all is fine , but still i get
here chicken poks only thingink about to restart the computer ....

i will keep an eye on this , if somthing again goes wrong i will try this , but i have the feeling that i am here not done yet with
testing 😕

Thanks for the idea ! i have that written down ..

with friendly greetings

Nonny

Nonny wrote:
Good morning Chino ! 🙂

first sorry for my before comment , i was realy a little disapointed about this all !
2. this morning just started my mashine like a real computer should do 🙂

Chino , great idea i must say , one more question , i had in my list of updates an entry _

- Intel other hardware

, i do not remember was it optional or under important , but could this be THIS is the driver what will be updated ?

i found in the divice manager yesterday an entry :

Der Prozess zum Installieren von Treiber NULL Driver für Geräteinstanz-ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D31&SUBSYS_86001043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&A0 wurde mit folgendem Status beendet: 0xe0000203.

maybe this is the one what causes all the trouble , some googeling told me this should be the 3.0 eXtensible-Hostcontroller Device ID , is that correct so this is the one what keeps my mashine from starting
?

yesterday i "deactivated" the USB controler in my device mananger and there is is still visible but Windows update tells me i have 189 updates more
i have no idea i should try them or better not ...

ok i need to work now i will keep watching this and hope it stays stable now , so fare the mashine is working well it boots ups today without trouble.

will be there one day maybe a fix for this , like a new bios or something ?

Or could this be that Asus made here something wrong with some chips there build in ?

anyway thanks for help Chino , i will see how its working now , any reboot or new start makes me very nervios 😕

Thanks again and

With friendly greetings

Nonny

I never install Windows updates to be honest. And whenever I need a driver, I'd download it from the motherboard support page. I don't trust Windows enough to let it perform such a task. 😛

Chiinoooooo 😄 ,

well i do not remember what was the update here , i belive its under optional , intel other hardware ... i shouldnt take this one then !

is it working fine for you or you deactivated also the controler ?

greetings

Nonny

Hello Again,

just a little report , now it looks like its working well , i belive the problem in my case was , that in the BIOS is default "intel xHCI mode" = smart auto,
so fare so good , win7 ulti instalation was working fine no problems at all , it looks like over the windows AUTO updates it replaces there a Controler/Driver
i am not sure , what update it is , it could be "intel magagement engine" i belive , after this and the next new start it freezes my windows 7 rigth
after my password log in page and stays black ...

Deactivation in bios from "intel xHCI mode" , AND autoupdates from windows , was helping me here , now several days without any problems when starting
or booting up my mashine ! 🙂

Thanks also to Chino to tell me deactivate the Autoupdate ...

Thanks all here who took there time to read my post and helped me in this matter .

With friendly greetings

Nonny

P.S.: so i belive this case can be closed ... done

christer12
Level 7
Hi!
My recommendation to you is to install Intel Chipset Device Software Version 10.1.2.10.

In this new version intel fix issues on USB controller devices 8D2D and 8D26 for Intel® C610 series/X99 chipset

Nonny
Level 10
Hello ! Christer12 ,

thanks for the advice , but i had bad luck with the update , BUT yesterday from ASUS support coming out new driver i am just downloading 😄 i hope this
helps !

Thanks a lot !

Nonny

http://www.asus.com/de/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/