cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i enable this in bios..........

Daytrader
Level 11
In bios under ezy mode, intel rapid storage technology is off, should i enable this, i dont use raid by the way, just 1 ssd, also i notice my clock date at top is red, and when i enable intel rapid storage technology its not red, cheers
13 REPLIES 13

Nate152
Hello Daytrader

If you didn't install the IRST driver you can let it disabled.

Daytrader
Level 11
Hi, thx for reply, well i put the support asus dvd in and installed all the drivers that were ticked, so i think i have the irst driver installed.

Nate152
Ok then you can enable it, it should help improve your boot time. If you're unsure if it's installed you can go here and install it, type in your motherboard.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Daytrader
Level 11
Ah i enabled it in bios to try it, went from ahci to raid and i could not boot 🙂 so put it back to ahci.

Menthol
Level 14
If you did not install your OS whit raid enabled it will not boot as you found out, this is normal behavior

Captain_FIzz
Level 7
If not using RAID, AHCI is the best to use.

Daytrader
Level 11
But does the intel rapid storage technology drivers still help the sats ahci drives, as the drivers were installed from the asus support disc.

Menthol
Level 14
They are not needed

Daytrader
Level 11
Ok thx, off topic, i installed windows 10 in uefi mode, all went well, checked in windows and i have 4 partions and says uefi, but in uefi bios, my ssd boot device has not got UEFI in front of it, should it have ? or was that only when installing windows in uefi mode ? cheers