cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VI Hardware issue causing Windows 10 to not shut down properly

GregH
Level 7
Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, almost every shut down is reported in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor as the computer was not shut down properly. This happens on both shut downs and restarts using the Start - Power options.

I first saw this after an upgrade over Windows 7 Pro. I then installed clean using a USB ISO and I ended up with the same thing. I then installed from a Microsoft original DVD and again, ended up with the same thing.

This happens before I install any software at all, including antivirus. The system appears to run fine and there is no error message on the next boot to say that the system was not shut down properly. It is only apparent when checking the Reliability Monitor.

I ran sfc /scannow and there are no problems. My Device Manager shows no problems. Msconfig shows the system is set to Normal Boot.

I did not use the Mother board CD to install drivers as many of them are outdated and probably incompatible with Windows 10 anyway. I installed the most current drivers on the Asus website.

I am thinking that this is a hardware issue related to a driver for the motherboard. It can't be a fault with Windows after three install's. It can't be a fault with any software on my system as it happens on a brand new install of Windows.

Anyone have any ideas on where I can look to find the source of this irritating issue? What motherboard driver might I have missed?
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.4 GHz / EVGA GTX780 Superclocked / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2400 MHz RAM 16GB / Asus Maximus Hero VI Motherboard / Corsair HX1050W PSU / Corsair H100i closed loop water cooler / LG Blu Ray DVD CD writer, Asus PB278 Monitor 2560x1440 / Logitech G110 KB / R.A.T. 5 Mouse, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB SSD / Samsung EVO 850 256GB SSD / Seagate 7200 RPM 2 TB HDD / Windows 10 Professional x64
0 REPLIES 0