cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard temperature sensors gone after power outage..

gabriel21st
Level 7
Hello,

For whatever reason I've been too lazy to ask about this until now. A year ago, I had a power outage and when the power was restored, my BIOS settings were restored to factory and I had to set all of my settings again. Once I logged into Windows I also noticed that AIDA64 was not reporting all of the temperatures it used to...now it only reports motherboard, CPU, PCH, GPUs, and hard drive temps. Quite a few of the other temperature sensors had disappeared. They've never come back since...and my BIOS still resets to factory defaults whenever there is a power outage.

I have a Sabertooth X79. My guess is that the little battery on the motherboard has died since my BIOS always resets once power is lost. Maybe the extra sensors are also powered by this battery?
3 REPLIES 3

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Same happened to my Sabertooth X58 board and the damage was permanent. Every time I unplug my the PSU or whenever there's an outage then the settings all reset and I have to set it up all over again. Nothing you can really do about this.

gabriel21st
Level 7
I take it you've tried replacing the battery as well, or no? I guess it's worth a shot?

gabriel21st wrote:
I take it you've tried replacing the battery as well, or no? I guess it's worth a shot?

Yes, I went to dollar store and bought some and it didn't work. I also checked the original battery on the board and it was still showing good charge.